Sr UX/UI Designer
DroneDeploy makes software for drones that helps businesses manage complex job sites. Our software automates everything from flight to insight, allowing teams to survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. We’re making drone data accessible and useful across all industries, improving site communications, planning, and operations. We are the leading drone software company with over 4,000 customers that have flown over 1 million flights, across 180 countries!
We're looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer to help build and strengthen our design team and propel the company towards its goal to make drone data available to everyone.
How You Will Make An Impact
- User Research and Synthesis: Develop a deep connection with our users and their challenges, and share your wisdom across our team.
- Interaction Design: Use your deep user empathy and situational awareness to craft workflows that help users glide through the challenges of using new drone technology.
- Visual Design: Balance pizazz with practicality, making considered choices like "high contrast with a light background because farmers are operating in the sun".
- Design Process: Embrace agile design processes, iterating quickly and validating choices frequently, keeping a keen eye on the health of your features once they go live.
- Collaboration: Be an embedded member of a product team, building tight bonds with Engineers, Product Managers, and your Design peers.
- Vision: Work with peers in design, product, and engineering to a multi-year guiding vision for user experience, which other teams can rally around.
- 5+ years working as a UX or Product designer on cross-functional development teams.
- Strong portfolio of shipped work on web and mobile, demonstrating process and impact.
- Experience using, building, and maintaining design systems and UI component libraries.
- Strengths in UX strategy, information architecture, systems design.
- Experience with information visualization and design.
- Proficiency with the full-stack of design tools, from conception to delivery.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects in a high-paced environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills, ability to understand stakeholder needs and drive consensus amongst decision makers.
- Experience defining and running research studies to understand user needs and behaviors, evaluate design proposals, and assess shipped features.
Nice to have
- Interest in drones, photogrammetry, computer vision, artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT.
- Experience with mapping, GIS, and related tools and technologies
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, CAD or 3D gaming engines.
- Understanding quantitative analytical methodologies
- Experience in creating software for industries and verticals such as agriculture, architecture, construction, surveying, mining, manufacturing, and fabrication.
- Experience with hardware, IoT, and/or industrial design.
- Experience mentoring other designers.
Life at DroneDeploy
Ranked #3 as a Best Place to Work in the Bay, our team is creative, innovative, and committed to providing our customers the best drone software platform in the industry. We believe in a work environment that empowers everyone to explore, grow, and make an impact.
Perks & Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Flexible vacation policy
Monthly wellness reimbursement
In office yoga
Very dog friendly office
Daily catered lunch & snacks
Beautiful office & private outdoor patio
Office happy hours
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.Posted 6 days ago Apply Now