Senior Product Designer
vidIQ helps YouTube creators and brands get more views and save time. With over 750k active weekly users, we are the #1 Chrome Extension for YouTube creators. Customers include Red Bull, Buzzfeed, PBS, TMZ, BBC and thousands of the largest YouTube creators. We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Scott Banister and Mark Cuban. vidIQ is profitable with a team over 15 employees and growing.
The Senior Product Designer will be working to elevate vidIQ offering across platforms on mobile, web and browser extensions. If you have the ability to apply appropriate design methodologies to match diverse project scopes in a growing product used worldwide, this might be the perfect fit for you.
You’ll be working remotely with a team of developers and engineers to deliver products that help millions of video creators leverage data-driven insights to grow their audiences and optimize their content online.
- Execute design efforts across all our platforms, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, while applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
- Research other offerings in the video creator space to best understand industry trends.
- Promote and evangelize for best practices, efficiency, simplicity, and design tools.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in Slack and Asana.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to design features while following your team's roadmap.
- Effectively self-manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- Determine the information architecture and flows for your product features.
- Rapidly ideate and validate designs through sketching, prototyping, and testing.
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final solutions.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Help synthesize and communicate user research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater understanding and empathy for our customers and market.
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Participate in weekly design critiques with a larger Product team.
- Maintain our design system with other designers and push for scalable design solutions.
- You have a proven experience working as a full-stack designer (from idea to design, from sketches to high-fidelity visual design files ready for working with developers)
- You’re comfortable with modern Design Systems and the latest design tools (Sketch, Invision, Zeplin)
- You have a humble attitude towards providing and receiving insightful design critique in a constructive team environment
- You’re passionate about technology innovation and keep learning about the latest and best practices in Product and Design
- You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience.
- 5+ years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- You have demonstrated success in the hands-on interface and user experience design at a user-centric internet company.
- Must have experience with Sketch, Sketch Libraries, Invision, and an interest in learning new tools as the market evolves.
- Proven understanding and experience with UX strategy, user research, usability testing, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services.
- Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems.
- Experience communicating detailed Design specs to developers and collaborating in a tech-driven environment.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
- Deep understanding of the technical capacities and differences between Web vs Mobile, and iOS vs Android.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse and distributed (remote) teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience in successfully launching products within a SaaS and B2C space.
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
Bonus (but not required)
- You understand or are interested in the Video creator space (i.e., YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc.)
- You have a basic understanding of web development standards (HTML, CSS)
- You’ve worked remotely before
Working at vidIQ
- Competitive salary with potential team profit sharing when we hit our targets
- An exciting pluri-disciplinary team where you can grow and learn at a fast pace
- Yearly team retreat where we have fun while working on the big picture together
- A remote flexible work environment
Posted 7 days ago