Design the world you want to live in at ThoughtMatter.
ThoughtMatter is an award-winning creative design agency with an artful point of view. We are searching for a thoughtful, curious, and collaborative Design Director to play a key role on the creative team, overseeing designers, leading projects from beginning to end, developing concepts, and overseeing the production of final assets.
What you will be doing:
- Develop concepts and creative approaches both independently and collaboratively.
- Create unique and varied designs and strive to improve both your work and the work of the team.
- Lead all aspects of the creative process across the team, from brief to final deliverables.
- Ensure your and others’ creative work aligns with and delivers on the strategy, brand position, and guidelines.
- Actively participate in internal and client brainstorms and presentations.
- Present multiple and varied ideas and concepts for each brief to the internal team and clients.
- Work within a range of media and stay current on culture, trends, and technology.
- Be our go-to resource for a wide range of digital deliverables, including websites, animations, campaigns, brand collateral, exhibitions, social media assets, emails, and more.
- Lead and support UI/UX design, from research and content organization to wireframing and design, to production oversight.
- Passionate, self-motivated individual that truly believes in the impact of thoughtful, strategic, and provocative design.
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Figma.
- Knowledge of coding (CSS/HTML), Web-builder platforms, and Video Editing is a plus.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Bachelor of the Arts degree in design or related field.
- At least 6 years of experience ( preferably within an agency setting ).
- Proficiency in Miro Board is a plus.
- Digital design and implementation experience a plus
Flexible Work Policy
ThoughtMatter is a design studio that thrives on discussion and interaction. Our office space in Chelsea is a hub of creativity and we set our employees up for success with a combination of both at home and in person work.
- Medical & Dental Benefits with Vision Discounts
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Retirement Plan 401k
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell Reimbursement
- Bonusly - Employee Recognition Program
- Tenure based Vacation policy (starting at 15 vacation days)
- Sick Time (5 days)
- Paid Family Leave
- 13 Observed Holidays + Birthday Off
ThoughtMatter is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We want our opportunities to be accessible to all users. If you prefer to apply via email and/or would like this information in an alternative format, please email us at email@example.com