Colorado Rapids Graphic Designer
Job Title: Colorado Rapids Graphic Designer
Business Unit: KSE
Location: Denver, CO
Reports To: Creative Director
Employment Type: Full Time– Salaried– Non-Exempt
Supervisor Position: No
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and Entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. KSE is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We are the employer of choice as the owner and operator of Ball Arena, DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, the Paramount Theatre, 1STBANK Center, Denver Nuggets (NBA), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL), Colorado Rapids (MLS), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Major League Fishing/Fishing League Worldwide (MLFLW), Winnercomm, Outdoor Sportsman Group and SkyCam.
Nature of Work:
As part of the Rapids Creative team, the Graphic Designer will create graphics for digital campaigns, web banners, social media and more.
Examples of work performed:
· Executes layout of graphic design projects consistent with Rapids Marketing and Media Group themes
· Performs design and layout of projects
· Produce marketing materials that maintain brand consistency, represent campaign ethos and follow creative guidelines, while being inventive and artistically interesting.
· Work with marketing and creative department to maintain consistent company look and feel
· Create and edit graphics for web pages, banner campaigns, email newsletters, promotional materials, social media and marketing landing pages
· Work to support various departments including but not limited to Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, and Team PR to create requested graphics and marketing deliverables and creative
· Possess creative problem-solving skills for visual design and proficiency in typography
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Typical Office Conditions, majority of working hours are done on-site
· This position will work both home and away games, 34 games a year.
o BS/BA degree in field or related field
o High School or GED
o 1+ years’ experience in field
o Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Graphic design degree and/or a combination of education and experience.
· Excellent design, typography, color and infographic skills to illustrate brand experiences
· Ability to create and execute consistent, high quality work within brand guidelines
· Ability to take ideas or concepts and bring them to life with graphic design and illustrations
· Background / classroom experience in foundational design principles
· Ability to work under tight deadlines with great attention to detail
· Proficiency in, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
· Experience designing content for social media outlets
- Basic knowledge of pre-press and print processes.
- Motion Graphic experience
- Knowledge of MLS, the sport of soccer, professional sports marketing/social media landscape
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, thumbnail sketches, etc.
- Previous work experience in graphic design field.
· Base salary 50,000
· 12 Paid Company Holidays
· Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Life Insurance
· Short and Long-term Disability
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
· 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.