Product Designer (UI/UX)
🌎 Our mission
Spatial Media creates digital tools that help people engage with the future.
- Through digital engagement assets that articulate the story of a project, audiences are empowered to understand, interact and share the vision of their future place.
- We're a relatively flat-structured small-to-medium business born out of a want to do things differently.
- If you want to work where your voice and talent are valued then we think you'll like working here.
- Our team is globally distributed, but the majority of us are in Australia and Canada. We are now seeking a product designer to join us on our ambitious mission.
- As our product designer for Spatial Media, you will help us lay the foundation for our new enterprise SaaS platform. You will work on Community Analytics (CA) which is a powerful stakeholder engagement tool used by government and private clients.
- Feelings, not just Figma. To us, product design is more than wireframes and prototypes. It’s about having deep empathy for our clients, understanding their needs, and translating that into a functional and delightful online experience.
- Are you a design professional who is ready to solve complex business challenges through creativity and experimentation? Your days will not be boring!
🎯 What you'll do
- Work with the product manager and developers to create a library of components that we can use to scale up our product development.
- Build click-through wireframes and mock-ups for new features and improve the existing ones based on primary and secondary research.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your design assumptions by conducting inexpensive experiments.
- Communicate research insights and UI/UX initiatives through both written and verbal channels to stakeholders in the company.
- Bring a strong and evidence-based opinion to all design decisions. Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
🙌 What we're looking for
- 4+ years of design experience, 2+ in B2B space.
- Can work with a product manager to take an idea from conception to requirements to a set of wireframes and user flows that can be handed off to the developers.
- Can spin up quick designs and clickable prototypes on relatively short notice using Figma or a prototyping tool of your choice.
- Exceptional communication skills - able to convince, debate, and learn (strong beliefs; loosely held).
- Knows the fundamentals of creating landing pages and extracting value out of experiments.
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity.
🙌 What we offer
- Work from home at hours that suit you, as long as you attend required meetings and complete your tasks
- Office equipment (computers, monitors, etc) will be provided as required
- A flat anti-corporate company structure — your voice is always valued
- Budget for professional development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
- We'll pay your way to attend face-to-face catch-ups with the team a few times a year
We appreciate everyone who takes an interest in roles with Spatial Media however we will only be contacting people who are successful in gaining an interview for the position.