3DPRINTUK - Graphic Designer Job Description
Position: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: 3DPRINTUK, Unit D9, Leyton Industrial Village, London E10 7QP
3DPRINTUK is a rapidly growing company, specialists in low volume production using state of the art 3D printing systems to manufacture plastic parts. Our position in the supply chain lies in bridging the gap between prototype and injection moulding - Where tooling costs are prohibitively expensive or the volume demanded by injection moulding is not required, 3DPRINTUK can provide a solution.
3DPRINTUK is looking for a Graphic Designer to expand our creative team. The role will report to the Head of Marketing and assist in delivering a variety of design work to successfully implement the overall marketing strategy.
We are looking for a proactive, fast thinking, passionate designer who will be proud to work for our brand. Your work will directly contribute to growing the company and keeping us one step ahead of the competition.
The successful candidate will need to be able to follow a brief and deliver projects from concept to finish but also be able to come up with ideas for development and report them back to the Head of Marketing. A key attribute for this role is flexibility and a can-do attitude you will be expected to manage multiple projects and hit deadlines.
The role will vary day to day but will cover key tasks, including:
- Website admin & new content creation (WordPress).
- Support a website rebuild in WordPress on a fresh theme.
- Print & Digital Advertising from concept to print ready artwork.
- Design of Corporate Communications/Brochures/Help Guides for customers, educating them about the products and services that 3DPRINTUK offer.
- Design and creation of social media campaigns.
- Management of the design teams inbox, including interaction with key suppliers.
- Work with the PR team to create supporting graphic and images for articles/blog posts/Mailchimp campaigns.
- Support the build of motion info-graphics.
- Support the dev team with graphics and UI mockups.
Throughout the week, you will have regular meetings with the Head of Marketing and PR team to discuss the business objectives. Work is mostly studio-based but travelling to trade shows to help the team and trips to meet clients may be required.
- A high level of skill using Creative Suite is essential to this role including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (Bonus: After Effects/Premiere).
- A good understanding of Wordpress and theme builders.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of graphic design to create interesting layouts to communicate the brand message.
- The ability to write copy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets.
- Must have a flexible approach as the role requires working in a small team and being open to feedback and willing to make changes to designs is important.
- Excellent communication skills are essential to connect with client needs and at times you will be required to speak to customers directly about their orders.
Additional skills that would benefit the role but not essential:
- Photography (DSLR/Mirrorless)
- Video creation and editing using Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- 3D modelling/animation using Blender
- Digital advertising
- Knowledge of coding (Html, CSS, JS)
- Front of camera experience for YouTube videos
A degree or HND in the following subjects may help support the application:
- Graphic Design/Illustration/Information Design/Video Production/Motion Graphics/3D design/Visual Arts
Where you do not have related degree, please send us links to a show reel/personal website containing at least 3/4 projects that demonstrate your work and skill set.
Please make sure you include a written description for each piece of work that includes a summary of the brief and your contribution to the solution.
A keen interest in emerging technologies, additive manufacture, the ways things are made, machinery or new technology is something that will be beneficial in this role.
Salary & Working hours
- 40-hour week, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Although unlikely, you should be prepared to work extra hours when deadlines are approaching.
- There is the potential of remote working part of the week (TBC).
- Starting salary £25-30K depending on experience.
Applicants should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Jason Pereira.
This should include a cover letter/CV/examples of work or link to your portfolio for the attention of Jason Pereira. All supporting files should be sent in one zip folder or file transfer. If your submission is messy or difficult to understand it will be ignored.
Location: 3DPRINTUK, Unit D9, Leyton Industrial Village, London E10 6QP
Closing date: 5th July 2022
Interviews: Only the final group of candidates will be called for a face-to-face interview at our facility in London (July). All other applications will be informed via email. Due to the high demand of applicants expected we will not be able to give feedback to all those who reply.