Marketing Graphic Designer
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
We’re looking for a talented Marketing Graphic Designer, passionate about branding and enthusiastic about creating distinctive design-driven solutions for marketing challenges. As our Brand Marketing Designer, you have an unmatched eye for layout, composition, typography and colour.
Upon joining Blinkist, we will form a new sub-team dedicated to develop and grow the Blinkist’s visual brand. You’ll raise the bar for our marketing design by using your skills and creativity to craft artworks that captivate and engage audiences across a plethora of marketing channels. You’ll be working towards shaping a consistent and distinctive Brand that effectively communicates to our users across different platforms.
If you relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced start-up and spearheading our quest to create an inspiring brand, then this job is for you!
As our Marketing Graphic Designer you will:
- Use your design skills to create engaging, informative and on-brand experiences for our email subscribers and social media followers
- Maintain and evolve a modular email design system; allowing you to design email templates for our highly popular weekly newsletter
- Work in an analytical and creative way in order to develop and rapidly iterate on design solutions for organic marketing channels and ad-hoc design projects
- Collaborate closely with our in-house marketers to design engaging creatives that help drive business and brand goals
- Help evolve and refine our visual brand, alongside our Art Director, to strengthen the Blinkist brand
- Maintain and evolve our current design style-guides and ensure that our design repositories are up to date and easy to use
- Be an integral member of the Blinkist design team and work closely with the team to improve creatives and maintain consistency
- Help champion and advocate for strong design culture within the wider company
To do this, we believe you should have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a similar role, ideally in a startup environment
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, illustration and branding experience
- A self-starter mentality; you’re able to prioritise your workload and have a solid workflow that allows you to effectively tackle design challenges
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with various stakeholders
- A deep understanding of standard design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc
- Experience with design for emails and an understanding of the limitations of email clients
- [Bonus] Basic understanding of marketing KPIs and using data to inform your designs
- [Bonus] Experience with Adobe After Effects
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Marketing Graphic Designer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.Posted 13 days ago Apply Now