What you’ll be called: UI/UX Designer
Where you’ll work: Product Team—KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Voted one of the Best Places To Work in Austin, TX KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture. We are seeking a highly motivated UI/UX Designer to join our Product team.
We’re growing an ambitious UX team within Keller Williams innovation hub, KW Labs, to help modernize the real estate industry through thoughtful design.We believe design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to be at the forefront of designing future real estate product experiences for consumers and agents.
Our Design Principles:
- Adaptable: Empowering agents to develop a scalable and resilient business that meets the needs of their clients, allows them to grow their business, and gives them the flexibility to adapt to market conditions as well as the ever-evolving technology landscape.
- Personal: Building personalized experiences that are meaningful, actionable, and proactive for every individual agent and consumer.
- Bold: Failing forward and moving with velocity in order to strengthen the tech-enabled agent and to disrupt the real estate industry by enhancing the physical real estate world with digital experiences.
- Easy: Simplifying the complex, multi-faceted real estate transaction by designing frictionless and intuitive experiences that allow agents and consumers to do more with less.
- Built By Agents for Agents: Partnering with the agent through the entire product development process in order to craft technology that is valuable and accessible by any agent regardless of geographic location, production, title, or technical ability.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal UI/UX Designer is a nimble, entrepreneurial, independent thinker who loves taking the complex and transforming it into thoughtful, intuitive experience. You have shipped B2B and B2C products and understand the unique challenges of building experiences in a fast-paced environment. Extra points if you have a combination of enterprise and start-up UI/UX design experience. Ultimately, we’re looking for individuals interested in helping build a foundation of design thinking within the fabric of a growing technology organization.
What you’ll do:
As an User Experience Designer, you will be at the forefront of designing consumer and agent real estate experiences within Keller Williams’ innovation engine - KW Labs. Your job as the User Experience Designer is to craft and design experiences that will allow agents and their consumers to accomplish more with less. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout our innovation process—from creating user flows and wireframes using input from focus group labs to building user interface mockups and prototypes for subsequent labs in our process. At each stage, you will learn what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them. You are a self-driven and well-rounded design professional with a keen understanding of how to work as part of a high velocity team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design interfaces as part of our Experience Lifecycle process by incorporating feedback from usability studies, product management, and engineering.
- Create documentation (including design rules, clickable prototypes, animations) that enables software developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience.
- Collaborate with and develop mutual respect and trust with product managers, engineers, researchers and designers.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Presenting conceptual ideas, wireframes, and design to various stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 yrs hands on UI/UX design experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of solutions with a full grasp of product process from concept to delivery.
- Prior experience working with outside vendors.
- Familiarity with Agile development process (comfortable with rapid iteration cycles).
- Strong background in interactive as well as visual design.
- Enterprise product design experience a plus, ideally in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to create prototypes quickly using Sketch, Invision, HTML/CSS/JS.
- Ability to communicate product vision and implement feedback into their work.
- Inquisitive thinker that knows how to interpret requirements and turn them into designs.
- Familiarity with design techniques such as storyboarding, card sorting, affinity mapping, and other UX research exercises.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now