Arduino is looking for a passionate, experienced Web/UI Designer to join our in-house design team in the Turin headquarter.
You are a designer-who-codes. Your primary role is to create highly usable and visually engaging digital designs for our products across multiple services, including IoT/Cloud, online code editors, EDtech, eCommerce, and more.
You will work side by side with a highly collaborative team of talented designers, developers and engineers.
What is Arduino
Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software.
Thanks to its simple and accessible user experience, Arduino has been used in thousands of different projects and applications, from everyday objects to complex scientific instruments.
Our worldwide community of makers - professionals, students, creatives, programmers - is 26.000.000 users strong and keeps growing, our development environment is downloaded every 2.6 seconds.
What are we looking for
- 3+ years of experience at a leading digital agency or as a seasoned freelancer
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Digital Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, or other relevant degree
- Comprehensive understanding of web, mobile, digital design, and user experience
- A designer who also understands front-end development
- Experience with Arduino
- Must be fluent in English
- Exceptional eye for design with a good pulse on current trends and best practices. Strong sense of layout, brand and identity, typography, colour, motion and interaction
- Must be fluent in HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Flexbox, Responsive Design, GitHub
- Up to date with current design tools (Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, Overflow, etc.)
- Familiar with open-source and maker communities
- Self-starter with an eagerness and passion to learn new skill sets and improve upon existing one
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with great communication, organization and time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Submit resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio with relevant work samples.
Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.Posted 14 days ago Apply Now