Head of Digital Design & UX
When it comes to communities, The Alliance is leading the way. Product marketing, sales enablement, product-led growth, AI, customer success, CMOs, you name it, we’re home to thriving communities and memberships for them all.
From events to courses to content to membership - and more, we want the user experience and unmissable design to be at the heart of everything we do, and to achieve that, we need…you?
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our marketing, customer success, product, and events teams to refine and refocus our digital presence and journeys into frictionless experiences.
- Consuming data on a daily basis to ensure our visitors and customers are receiving first-rate experiences - and proactively putting short and long-term modifications in place to ensure we’re in a constant and iterative cycle of improvement.
- Transforming user experiences across various products and communities into *buzzword alert* seamless and cohesive journeys that set our community members up for success.
- Defining our design guidelines, pushing the boundaries, and ensuring our design footprint reflects our values and are unarguably unique.
- Responsible for signing off all print and digital collateral.
- Working closely with content and marketing to ensure close-knit collaboration from ideation to execution on both tactical and strategic campaigns.
- Cascading key UX intel throughout the organization to ensure all departments have awareness and opportunities are ultimately actioned.
- Managing (and growing!) our small but mighty team of in-house designers.
- Evaluating internal processes and ways of working and proactively putting measures in place to ensure the design team and key stakeholders are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to lead the way when it comes to design. Whether it’s how we layout our reports, build our sales pages, design our dashboards, or visually share our events, we want to be the people others want to copy.
Skills & experience:
- You can demonstrate significant expertise in leading and developing product design teams within a high growth environment
- You have the technical competence, communication and leadership skills needed to coach the members of your team at every level
- You have the ability to foster strong relationships with other stakeholders
- You're an advocate for cross-functional ways of working and set clear expectations for how design should operate in that model
- You're user-focused, understand the product process and how design can make an impact here
- You've established a multi-disciplined design community in the past and have ideas for how a modern design function should operate
- You love solving problems, and relish the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Flexible hours and early summer finishes
- New tech gear: laptop, screen, mouse, keyboard. We got you covered
- Company social events
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growth scale-up, unparalleled learning opportunities, with excellent opportunities for progression
- Work from home opportunities
- Sociable and supportive team (and an office dog)
- Free coffee and tea, snacks fruit, and treats