Luminary is committed to being the agency of choice for the brightest minds in digital.
We don’t believe in the typical ‘churn and burn’ that happens in most agencies. When people join us, they’re generally here for the long term. Here are a few reasons why…
- We have been externally recognised as one of Australia’s Top 20 workplaces under 100 employees, in the 2018 Best Places to Work Study.
- Our flexible work policy - our focus is on people getting the job done, not warming a seat from 9 to 5. You can work from wherever, pretty much whenever.
- Our reputation as experts in digital is beyond dispute. Our data-driven approach has underpinned the online success of some of Australia’s most well-known brands.
The UX Director is responsible for the development and leadership of the agency's UX practices. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a highly collaborative and team-oriented role with the aim of elevating the quality and role of human centred design, user research, and user experience in the agency. In addition, the UX Director is expected to help build and grow awareness of Luminary by acting as an outward-facing brand ambassador and thought leader.
We are looking for someone that is focused on the bigger picture and can lead strategic engagements with our clients. Yet we also expect this person to be willing to regularly engage in the execution of user experience projects and remain close to 'the tools'.
This is a critical role in the next phase of Luminary's strategic growth plans.
Doing the work
- Produce and deliver exceptional quality strategic advisory and user experience solutions as briefed by clients, Producers, Account Managers and Management.
- Produce quality work that creates opportunity for new clients.
- Produce work that is recognised by our peers as of the highest quality (e.g. awards, positive feedback, UX designers wanting to work with us, etc.)
- Produce work that defines best practice in our industry.
- Produce advice and work that can be effectively and efficiently implemented.
Leading the work
- Play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as a user experience advisor to both account leads (internal) and clients (external).
- Drive high level discussions on the role of user experience within clients’ businesses.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, that are proactive and contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Identify opportunities for a client’s business and grow ideas for improved customer experience.
Improving the work
- Be a catalyst for change by acting as project sponsor for areas that the senior management team identifies as in need of improvement.
- Collaborate with and provide support to members of the Account Management and Production teams.
- Produce and deliver training and educational material for induction and ongoing education purposes across the agency
- Work with all teams to develop integrated solutions and improve/expand the services Luminary provides to clients.
Winning the work
- Aid the existing new business process by:
- Assisting in development of pitch content and approach,
- Attending and presenting at new business meetings.
- Advise Account Managers and Management on existing and potential clients of opportunities for UX work.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Luminary brand by:
- Representing the agency at conferences, events and symposiums.
- Taking part in speaking opportunities
- Authoring new content on topical and related subjects
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5+ years experience in digital, user experience, and/or design roles
- Strong customer service and support skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude
- Previous exposure to agile and waterfall delivery models
- An ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
- A moderate to high degree of technical knowledge
Posted 14 days ago