Senior Product Designer
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
Our Product Design team is growing and we are looking for Product Design leaders like you to help us design the future of Platform.sh. We are creating a groundbreaking hosting and development tool that allows developers to focus on their core project and code, and not be distracted with the complexities of underlying infrastructure.
Reporting to the Product Design Director, you will be involved at every step of the product design process working collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, Technical Writers and of course - directly with our customers.
Your strengths will be to design solutions for complex product challenges for technical users whilst executing simple and delightful user experience and interface solutions. Designing for DevOps is no easy feat - you will need to be eager to learn more about the industry and how developers work. We’re looking for someone who is eager to lead their own product streams, mentor other designers, and can draw on real world experience to lead projects with design thinking and rapid iteration.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Confidently lead the projects within your product stream, coordinate when you need to run research, move to a design sprint, run testing etc.
- Clearly communicate your design thinking whilst collaborating with Engineers, Product managers and other designers on your projects
- Confidently wireframe and design low to hi-fidelity prototypes from concept to pixel perfection and be able to iterate quickly based on feedback
- Contribute to and help manage our design system
- Present and rationalize your design thinking to your core project teams and other designers
- Lead, plan and synthesize user research and usability testing of your projects
What you bring
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is what we ask of all employees
- A portfolio of recent work demonstrating your product/UI/UX skills in real world product projects
- Solid understanding of interaction design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- A critical eye on user experience and clean interface design
- Excellent communication and ability to articulate design choices and discuss feedback openly from many different perspectives
Nice to have
- Experience working in strategic product settings, working with Product Managers to explore scope through design thinking, creating alignment between stakeholders and helping define the path to execution
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, from research to scoping, to UX to detailed UI design
What makes you especially good in this role
- Driven to improve the complex user experiences
- 4+ years of relevant experience, working as a designer on digital products
- Have an understanding of/or experience with development and engineering teams, processes and frameworks
- You are empathetic, open minded and love to continually learn new things
What we bring as a team
- A passionate team of designers who are here for you and encourage your creative freedom and exploration
- Supported professional development - we encourage you to grow and continue learning in your field, we have weekly design challenges, workshops and design buddy reviews
- A dynamic brand that encourages clean, effective design, but knows when to have fun
- An open work environment where your voice is welcomed on any topic
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
This role will need to work closely with EU, US and APAC time zones. For that reason, we believe that the person for this position will need to be based in the Americas GMT -5 through GMT -8.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300USD a year
- Professional development budget of $800USD
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000USD office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange - get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we're not experiencing a pandemic)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.