Director - Design Systems
As the Director for design systems at Twitch you will lead and inspire a group of designers and engineers specializing in UI, UX, and motion interaction. Our design system named Core UI, establishes, promotes, and builds design systems and language across the core Twitch product and its different platforms (web, mobile web, iOS and Android). Our support includes creating UI Kits in Figma/Sketch, development of a react.js library of commonly used primitives and patterns, and creating stellar documentation that deliver guidance and visionary narrative. Design patterns and principles created by Core UI are done through strong collaboration and contributions from designers and engineers across all of of Twitch, and is the foundation of why our systems are adopted across so many initiatives.
Over the past year our design framework has allowed a full rebuild of the twitch website to React, improved accessibility across all of our components, and allowed us to build a dark mode interfaces with ease. Looking forward, the foundation work which has been done will allow us to make larger more impactful changes truly at scale. It’s an exciting time to join and we are excited about what is to come.
We are looking for candidates with strong leadership, mentorship, and communication abilities. If your interest lies in where design and technology intersect and how this creates a wonderful working environment and a delightful user experience, Twitch can offer wonderful opportunities for you.
- Maturing the vision and execution of Core UI
- Create a roadmap that balances short term needs but prioritizes and builds for the longer future 12 months out
- Push the team to craft compelling and multi-use case design patterns to be used by designers across Twitch to solve a myriad of product challenges
- Build positive relationships with design leads throughout the company to be leaders and inspire others to develop creative and inspiring work
- Help shape and lead planning/brainstorm sessions with product managers, engineers, and designers
- 8+ years of experience crafting modern consumer-focused products
- Experience leading design systems for a large-scale website or mobile app
- Love of Sketch and Figma, preferably both
- Understanding of success and failure through objective analysis and data
- Able to work in executing design systems though code or have worked closely with engineering groups to truly understand how engineering efforts can multiply design execution
- Positive influence that naturally encourages camaraderie among your peers
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Posted 17 days ago Apply Now