UX / Visual Designer
Do you want to change the way people innovate? Are you creative but know how to color within the lines when needed?
We are looking for someone who wants to deliver beautifully designed experiences in a fast-paced, user-centric environment. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
As a Visual Designer at Portland Web Design, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a team that is growing fast. Our websites power the user experience for electric, water and broadband utilities in rural communities across the United States as well as enable retailers to bring their brick and mortar operations online. More than 1 million unique visitors arrive and interact with organizations that we power websites for.
Your work will be front and center for many to see. Our clients trust us to link their organization with the customers, and your role will be key in ensuring that is done in a way that is visually appealing while simultaneously thinking of ways to consistently improve that experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to play an integral role in taking an organization's design to the next level (we need it).
- Loves to see their work ship — quickly
- Presents the user interface visually, making information easy to find, read, and understand
- Generates clear ideas, concepts, and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Designs production-ready assets and materials, including home page designs, icons, digital ads, landing pages, and event graphics
- Wants to take responsibility for and measure the success of new designs
- Stays on top of the latest standards and trends in visual design
We are committed to being great, and we want someone who:
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Has a "get it done" attitude and proven background of delivering beautiful work again and again
What you will be doing:
We’re looking for a team member who thinks critically about user experience and is able to see it through with a polished interface. This means you might do things like:
- Ask in-depth questions to understand a process, and back up decisions with research and user tests.
- Iterate on designs using a variety of techniques, such as sketches, workflow diagrams and high-fidelity mockups
- Leverage our existing design components in your work and understand when a new component or pattern might be needed.
- Extensive experience in Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with Sketch
- Prefer users to complete work on Apple products (Mac, iPad)
- Team communication is often through iMessage and Slack. Familiarity with both is preferred.
Portland Web Design is a remote-first company — even team members who live in our home city of Portland, OR usually work from home! And most of the people you will work with are scattered across the US and the globe.
This means that remote team members are just as much part of the company as local employees. We also allow a lot of flexibility in terms of time off. In return, we expect all of our employees to be productive and accountable, which means you’ll work alongside a great, dedicated team.
US Based applicants will be considered as contract for hire or W2 employees. Offshore (non-US based applicants will be paid as independent contractors.