Senior Brand Designer
Affirm’s Brand Design team shapes the visual and creative direction of our evolving Affirm. As a Senior Brand Designer, you’ll be working alongside the ever-growing Brand Design and Content Strategy teams to help shape the overarching Affirm brand. We’re looking for an experienced visual designer with strong leadership and artistic skills who can be heavily involved in and help lead photoshoots, marketing campaigns, team building, illustration, team processes, and updating brand guidelines.
If you’re constantly inspired by illustration, typography, pattern, and photography, if you get excited about the latest and greatest brand redesign, if you feel you’re part designer, part creative, part artistic weirdo… then this might be the right fit for you.
What You'll Do
- Define, maintain, and evolve Affirm’s visual identity in all public communication
- Shape the visual identity of Affirm across multiple mediums with illustration, photography, icon design, presentations, application design, web design, cinematography, and print design
- Work closely with marketing to design product landing pages, assets for online and offline marketing (including emails, display banners, social media, print, conferences and tradeshows, out of home), business collateral, video assets, illustrations, and photography assets for content marketing
- Work with designers, copywriters, engineers, marketers, and others at Affirm to execute first-class work
- Work closely with outside creative agencies to evolve our brand
- Solve end-to-end visual problems with a creative eye
What We Look For
- 2+ year of digital and print design experience
- Experience building big, bold, and iconic brands with a strong emphasis on design
- Ability to recruit and manage a growing brand and communications design team
- Strong portfolio showing a range of projects you’ve designed including branding and identity design systems, responsive websites, and marketing collateral
- Solid understanding of website design as well as composition, color, imagery, and photography
- Expert knowledge of relevant design software (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote)
- Attention to detail – meticulous when it comes to typography, grids, balance, and white space
- Can communicate design decisions clearly and effectively
- Ability to design quickly and share progress openly and frequently
- Strong opinions, loosely held. Willing to fight for an idea, but willing to compromise too.
- Comfortable art directing photographers, videographers, illustrators, and other designers
When we think of the good life, most of us picture ourselves doing more of the things we love. There’s only one problem: Money’s often tight.
Credit was supposed to fix this—we could get that camping gear or that dSLR today, even if we didn’t have the cash in hand. But when lenders saw how profitable it was to nickel-and-dime their customers, we found ourselves under a mountain of debt and no closer to the life we wanted. That’s why Affirm built an honest and lightning-fast way to pay over time for the things you love—without racking up debt. We charge a fixed amount of interest, so you’ll never pay a penny more than you agree to up front...even if you’re late. You’ll find us on many of your favorite sites like Expedia, Wayfair, and Casper, and with our app, you can now use Affirm to pay over time anywhere you want. With a +83 NPS score, consumers are singing our praises, but we’ve found that merchants love us just as much for the customers we bring them.
Posted 18 days ago