We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to reinvent learning and empower kids to be tomorrow’s changemakers through invention and creativity. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists and doers, we want you on our team!
We’re looking for an experienced Designer to join our design team and play a crucial role in helping lead our brand, product and marketing collateral across the company. As a Designer you will have a big impact by converting our brand and creative direction into delightful user interfaces, registration flows, packaging, and marketing assets online and offline. While you should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of projects, this is a highly collaborative cross-functional role, and will work closely with different teams like Product and Marketing to support and implement the design needs of littleBits. Ideal candidates find it natural to communicate visually, posses an elevated point of view, and are able to take feedback with a positive attitude. You will report to the Director of Design and work closely with our extremely talented Graphic Designer and our Physical Product Designers who lead in-kit experience and content.
- Interpret business requirements and oversee Product and Marketing design projects from concept to completion for on-time delivery.
- Set the visual direction of a specific campaign, guide and maintain brand consistency across all user experience and marketing touch points regardless of medium or target audience.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the end-to-end customer journey and craft compelling experiences and flows from first ad to customer.
- Manage the needs of stakeholders from product, marketing, and content teams to convert insights into solutions.
- Develop and execute on a range of design projects like (but not limited to): email campaigns, web pages, collateral, packaging, product assets, photography, and others
- Be thoughtful about internal workflow and use tools and create templates for better efficiency and speed.
- Have a strong point of view and not be afraid to use it.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience at an agency, studio or in-house working on physical & digital, ideally with experience in designing for kids education.
- Able to own all aspects of a design from brainstorm to pixel perfect specs whether on a screen or in print.
- Be excited about hitting business goals through good design.
- Strong portfolio (with link) demonstrating strategic, systematic and conceptual design work across different physical and digital mediums.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, color, composition, and image optimization cross platform.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop,
- Experience with preparing files for print production.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems being solved.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects while effectively maintaining timelines and expectations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid design process and willingness to contribute to collaborative design culture. building a strong design culture.
- And most importantly, be a highly creative, passionate, collaborative team player.
- Always researching, playing, testing, and seeking out inspiration, tools, knowledge around design trends, patterns, systems, workflows, processes, illustration and motion.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Invision, Framer or other prototyping tools a huge plus.
- Digital illustration skills!
- Technical understanding of software development process.
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience working with 3D modeling, After Effects, or Premiere.
- Photography, photo retouching, and studio lighting experience.
- Experience working in the EdTech space.
- Experience in working in a startup.
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY AT littleBits:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do.
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen.
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want.
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter discounts, FSA, paid family leave , and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup.
- Flexible working hours and and open vacation and sick day policy.
Posted 18 days ago