Visual Brand Designer
daily.dev is on a mission to build a platform where developers grow together. We provide a feed of the best developer news to help developers read more quality articles and stay up to date. The app is available as a browser extension, web app, and mobile app.
Design team at daily.dev
The design team at daily.dev is responsible for the visual identity of the company as well as for creating the design language for its global community of 150K+ developers. Working in our team means you will have the opportunity to lead our visual identity both inside and outside of the platform with an emphasis on illustrations and motion.
We provide each other with feedback and support constantly. Maintaining a balance between high-quality work and practicality, we keep our projects flexible and adaptable.
What will you do?
- Execute branding processes while maintaining the design language of our brand and product
- Lead the design language of our marketing efforts
- Design all our marketing assets: Websites, landing pages, advertisement materials, emails, social media posts, banners, presentations, and more
- Solve bottlenecks between the design team and the marketing team
- Take responsibility for design projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with teams across the company
- Create graphic assets, key visuals, icons, illustrations, and ideas for our product needs
- Provide support for internal design activities such as branded swag, events, etc.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually improve quality
- Stay curious and updated on the latest design trends
- Dive easily into new software and platforms
What will you need
- This is a fully remote position, you will need to be a team player, with the ability to work independently. Self-starter, self-motivated
- 3-5 years of experience in visual design at a design/interactive agency or within an in-house team
- Out-of-the-box thinker and deep understanding of how marketing works
- Strong foundation in design: Marketing materials, animation, Illustration, and video editing skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe products relevant to motion graphics. Especially After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Apple Final Cut Pro - advantageous
- Basic proficiency in Sketch and Figma
- A portfolio showcasing your skill (e.g., marketing materials, animation, apps, and website)
- An academic degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Animation, and Media Arts - advantageous
The daily.dev design team is growing, and we're looking for a talented Visual Brand Designer to join our team.