UI Art Director: Bloomingdale’s
For over 140 years, Bloomingdale’s has been on the forefront of retail excellence and we are always looking for the next big idea. Our best initiatives have been created, developed and executed by our people. Work with an iconic brand that continues to stay fresh and new in today’s retail space.
Bloomingdales.com has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Art Director to contribute to our in-house creative team designing and maintaining an elevated and stylish site experience. The Art Director – UI Design reports to the Senior Art Director. We are looking for a candidate with experience in information design and architecture (UI / UX), a focus on usability with strong visual design & type skills, and an interest in fashion to help support the look and feel of bloomingdales.com.
- Partners with our UX, Site Production and Engineering teams to translate business strategy into creative solutions
- Generates multiple comps for each project. Conceptualizes and takes projects through to execution
- Has a solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces, and navigation
- Understands responsive design and can think through UI for multiple devices
- Operates with a solid grasp of the Bloomingdale’s aesthetic. Elevates and evolves the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead
- Stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Implements efficient workflows and processes
- Develops design specs for production
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Communication Design or Graphic Design
- Minimum 6-7 years of Web / Internet / Digital design
- Proven skills as a usability expert
- Provide samples of impeccable web visual design sensibility
- Complete fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver/HTML, and InDesign. Other UI/UX tools such as OmniGraffle is a big plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of designing intuitive interfaces
- Team-oriented and have a collaborative approach to creative development
- Must have demonstrated expertise in creating online marketing solutions, including e-commerce websites, shopping cart, banner ads, landing pages and email marketing
- Experience in mobile and/or app design
- Innovative design and typographic skills
- Knowledge of fashion and retail
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Posted about 2 months ago