We’re looking for a creator, a hacker, a learner; not simply an artist.
Our next Graphic Designer will work in the digital space on everything from social media content to animation to websites to presentation decks for our awesome clients (so a deep experience and intimate understanding of digital media and interactive is a must). This individual needs to be able to shift from one project to another without missing a beat with a smile on their face. And they’ll be expected to provide and present top tier design work to each and every client over the phone and in-person.
But for real, we’re on the hunt for a designer with foundational creative and technical skills with a need to hack the system. Strategic at their core, our next designer is willing to pull something AMAZING together on short notice in order to drive results (even if that means using existing templates / apps to create content). This designer values problem solving, has empathy for our clients and their customers, and is compelled to use their creative skills to move the needle and grow a business. Efficiency, creativity, positivity, accountability and a learner mentality is what makes each of our team members successful.
Remember: A passion for design and the desire to innovate (for the customer, not just for yourself) is important in taking on this role. Good communication skills and ability to think critically are also key in working with everyone from our strategists, project managers, developers, paid media managers, and the rest of the creative team.
- Ideate and create ongoing digital content for client campaigns; including, but not limited to: social media graphic design, animation / motion design, web design / UI design, and layout for pitch / strategic pieces.
- Develop design patterns, tool kits and assets for reuse and consistency on video, graphics, and web.
- Pitch design concepts and ideas both internally and in client-facing presentations.
- Lead and guide. The capacity to bring ideas to the table and help other members of the creative team implement ideas is paramount.
- Work independently and with teammates – so we need someone who can both do what they’re told to accomplish the task(s) at hand, or self-start in order to get something rolling with the larger unit.
We are looking for someone with:
- Keen interest and empathy for the customer, and designing for the customer
- Strong embodiment of our culture (it’s fun, collaborative, and always exciting)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience in a related field
- Design background of 3-4 years (digital agency experience is preferred)
- Strong understanding of tools of the trade; Adobe CC i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Keynote, etc.
- Experience with animation & motion graphics
- UX/UI design skills, HTML/CSS, and Wordpress experience are a major plus, as much of what we do entails thinking through web and landing pages