Product Designer (Freelance)
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 125 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are launching a new high growth and high scale start-up initiative to transform the Pregnancy and Baby category. This is an entrepreneurial team within the very successful and profitable Healthline. We believe that conception, birth, nurturing and parenting have changed and yet the information and tools today are not meeting the needs of a new generation of parents or parents-to-be. We are taking a completely new approach to this segment and reinventing solutions using the latest technology. You will be joining a team that is empowered to challenge the status quo, capitalized to invest heavily and passionate about developing unique and creative products that delight and deliver stronger, healthier babies for our users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Product Designer for Pregnancy and Baby to lead visual product design for this new venture and exciting customer segment. You will create and drive compelling designs to communicate your ideas and concepts to the broader team. You will drive the growth of key metrics for this customer segment through research, testing, and iterating on thoughtful and delightful interactions.
- 2+ years of UX/UI/Visual design experience
- A portfolio featuring product design work
- Able to own all aspects of a design process from brainstorm to pixel perfect specs.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and the problems you are solving.
- Experience in creating high fidelity prototypes, mockups, user-flows, wireframes and UI screens
- Experience in designing on-boarding and sign-up flows
- Understand web frameworks, common patterns, user behavior and principles of user-centered design
- Familiar with agile development
- Experience in visual branding
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, responsive/HTML/CSS web design
- Experience in user testing and UX research using common platforms such as usertesting.com, experience of designing iOS/Android mobile applications
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI
- Collaborate with the Product team to refine project requirements and user needs.
- Competitive landscape research to understand best-in-class user flows and experiences
- Take concepts, ideas and business needs and convert it to visual and tangible prototypes.
- Design layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual designs and system components.
- Validate design solutions through user testing, competitive analysis, surveys, think-alouds.
- Communicate design vision and interactions with prototypes, presentations and mockups.
- This role has the potential to turn into a full-time hire if both parties are interested
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You fundamentally want to help families on the pregnancy and child raising journey.
- You love owning deep experiences that can profoundly affect user’s well-being.
- You want to build new products and experiences, not just maintain them.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring change makers
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
Does this sound like it was written for YOU? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to me!Posted 20 days ago Apply Now