Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: developing the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We are looking for a Creative Director to join our growing marketing team. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and own the branding and design for Cockroach Labs. You are a leader who inspires those around you to create and execute strategic, impactful and memorable work. You will be responsible for helping to build our in-house and agency creative team and will be the keeper of the brand. You are incredibly tech-savvy and tech-curious and are a leader who can roll up their sleeves.
- Responsible for driving the creative direction of the Brand - from conceptual development and leadership to delivery of visual design
- Oversee agencies and freelancers and ensure that they are reflecting the company vision and brand
- Own the entire creative process from conception to production for all marketing collateral, including pitch decks, investor decks, website, and more;
- Design printed and digital materials such as website, presentation decks and collateral, infographics, illustrations/graphics for blog posts and emails, email templates, display ads and landing pages
- Manage expectations, set deadlines and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency
- Effectively manage a constant pipeline of external and internal design and marketing requests
In your first 30 days, you will assess Cockroach Labs' brand status and work closely with the Head of Marketing to chart a course for improvements and consistency across all collateral. You will also be introduced to your creative resources understanding their strengths and opportunities so you can leverage adequately.
The next 60 days will be full engagement going from assessment mode to implementation mode. Developing and executing new design assignments, owning the brand guidelines, and pushing the creative design to not only reflect the brand but also to become more impactful based on its channel of distribution.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the CMO and the marketing team.
- You are passionate about branding, design, copy, and raising the creative bar
- You possess strong project management and organizational skills, able to communicate with external teams and clients alike confidently
- You can articulate thoughts clearly and concisely in all verbal and written communications
- You have the foresight to see upcoming challenges and proactively plans to ensure all deadlines are met
- You love to problem-solving and working on a team
Please include a link to your portfolio upon submission.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted 20 days ago Apply Now