Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
As a Product Designer at Toyota Connected, you will be responsible for the design of digital products that help millions of Toyota and Lexus owners on a daily basis.
We're looking for someone with a strong mix of interaction design, visual design and prototyping skills. A strong understanding of motion design would be ideal too, but ultimately we’re looking for someone who’s curious and consistently honing their craft. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for creating digital solutions from concept through iteration as part of an agile development team. This means you'll be solving problems with product owners, developers and other UX designers—using research, prototyping and good design sense.
UX designers work across all products at Toyota Connected but each of us has primary areas of focus. Yours will be in two areas:
- Guiding how Toyota and Lexus drivers interact with voice agents—everything from directions to emergency situations.
- From 2018 forward, all Toyota and Lexus vehicles will be connected, providing an astronomical amount of data and opportunities. As a Product Designer, you'll help our big data team create products across mobile, web and other technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Create magical product experiences
- Be actively involved in defining product strategies
- Think in terms of design systems and rational design decisions
- Obsess over design details
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve the product experience
- Be comfortable interviewing customers for essential feedback
- Thrive in a short feedback-loop environment
- Collaborate daily with design and development teams
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Have a highly refined aesthetic sense
- Have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry and white space
- Understand technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can communicate those clearly to our engineers
- Comfortable working side-by-side our talented team of mobile and front-end engineers
- Ability to plan, perform and distill your own user testing sessions
- Self-organized, with a strong attention to detail, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Comfortable using Sketch and rapid-prototyping tools
- Ability to clearly express the reasoning behind your UX and visual design decisions
- Consistently demonstrate the above qualities through a portfolio of shipped products
What’s in it for you?
- Money. Money. Money. Mooonaaay! Great pay and bonuses.
- Unlimited time off. Seriously! You won’t run out of sick or vacation time here. You'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to lose as much sleep at home as possible taking care of those new additions.
- 401k with generous company match that is fully vested Day One. This is the perfect plan to get you into that retirement beach house in the Bahamas.
- Yearly gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- Free catered lunches. EVERY. DAY. Awesome healthy lunches catered in from different local restaurants. Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Two kitchens stocked full of healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Waffle Wednesdays! Fresh waffles on Wednesday afternoons to get you through Hump Day!
- Bi-weekly company happy hours so you can hang with your Toyota Connected friends while different teams share the cool technologies we are using, the awesome products we are building, and celebrate accomplishments we’ve made.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts. Buy a new Toyota or Lexus and still have a fat wallet!
- No dress code! Come as you are!
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now