Product Designer (UI/UX)
Pace was founded in 2016 to revolutionise revenue management. Our product continuously monitors and analyses hotel bookings to offer price recommendations for every night and room type maximising customer revenue. Pace makes hotels more money and saves them time by applying deep scientific analysis to their booking data and prices. Pace is all about making the customers smarter and more efficient in what they do through actionable insights.
Working at Pace offers you opportunities to develop leading-edge technology in many areas including user interface, back-end development, machine learning and data science. The sales and customer success teams work closely with the product team to offer our customers the best user experience.
What we are looking for
Creating a product that stands out from the crowd is at the centre of what we do and this starts with an amazing user experience. Hence, we’re looking for a problem solver who can help us delight our users on a daily basis.
To be successful in this role you should have a good understanding of the jobs-to-be-done framework, mapping user flows through our application and applying your design skills to create wireframes mockups, interactive prototypes and ultimately elegant user interfaces. Agile for us means the capability to respond quickly to change with everyone in the design process; designers and engineers are on the same team here.
What you’ll do
- Work with the rest of the product team to identify and investigate user needs in collaboration with customer success
- Develop and deliver wireframes, visual mockups and user flows that effectively communicate and validate design vision within the team and our users
- Gather and evaluate user requirements and help PM to turn them into effective feature specifications which can be delivered to the engineering team
- Collaborate with our engineers throughout the development process of features to ensure the delivery of innovative and scalable product experiences
- Take ownership of new and exciting design challenges which will reshape our existing product and help us to visualise our product vision
Who you are
- You have proven UI/UX design experience of multi-page applications with complex user journeys (3+ years)
- You can demonstrate your UX and UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- You have knowledge of the latest and UX/UI sketch and prototyping tools, trends and best practices
- You have worked with component libraries in the past to quickly iterate through prototypes
- You are comfortable with numbers and have experience in guiding users through a number driven application
- You are flexible and work well in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, with the ability to work independently.