Instructor - IT Web Design & Mobile Apps
The successful candidate will be required to teach courses in the Information Technology discipline, with a focus in Web Design & Development and Mobile Apps & Gaming. Courses within the instructor’s additional area(s) of expertise may occasionally be taught if qualifications are met per the Code of the State of Iowa and the Higher Learning Commission.
Office location and campus assignment will vary depending on student need, and may require travel to off-campus sites. Minimum salary (with Bachelors degree) is $56762 for 170-day full-time contract.
Other qualifications and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Experience motivating, interacting, and effectively communicating with students, faculty, administration, industry, and the general public in a civil and respectful manner.
2. Annually review and revise course goals, grading policies, and assessment of success. Develop, implement, and disseminate course policies.
3. Support college goal of enhanced retention by constantly encouraging and motivating students towards academic and occupational success.
4. Design, develop and /or revise new and existing courses and programs of study. This includes development of curricula, syllabi, course outlines, course/curriculum matrices, and course standards. Create appropriate assessment tools and techniques to demonstrate that student learning outcomes are met.
5. Meet with classes regularly and promptly, maintain student attendance records, and keep regular posted office hours.
6. Demonstrate a willingness to work with others as a team member.
7. Participate in college activities beyond the classroom, including recruiting, advising and membership on standing committees.
8. Supervise students (if appropriate) according to the curricular requirements of their particular program. This may include work-study students, internships, clinical, and other work based experiences.
9. Implement varied and/or supplemental learning activities to accommodate individual student needs.
10. Willingness to teach using online and/or hybrid format(s).
11. Willing to accept teaching assignments at all SCC locations including off-campus sites.
12. Actively participate in the budget process of the college, including timely requests for instructional materials.
13. Promptly report unsafe practices, in and out of the classroom, in accordance with college policies and guidelines.
14. Conscientiously comply and support the Family Educations Rights and Privacy Act and SCC’s Affirmative Action Plan.
15. Assume full responsibility for the development and maintenance of an individual Professional Development Plan (PDP), in accordance with standards set forth in the college’s Board approved Quality Faculty Plan (QFP).
16. Exhibit commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
17. Model professional behaviors, values and attitudes for students, colleagues and the community.
Required Qualifications 1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology is preferred.
2. Three years recent and relevant full-time experience in the Information Technology field, with a focus in Web Design & Development AND Mobile Application Development & Gaming required.
3. Significant experience with relational database design, and at least one widely-used programming language such as Python, Java, PhP, C++, or Dot Net technology is required.
4. Teaching and/or training experience required.
5. Community college teaching experience is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications SCC’s Department of Business and Information Technology is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment and an educational experience that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.Posted 23 days ago Apply Now