At Cuvva we’re re-building how insurance works. No more 50-part questionnaires, long-distance call centres and ‘computer says no’ attitude. We have gone back to basics to build products that customers really want. We are a mobile-first company, making the user journey simple and hassle-free.
We are super focused on creating a friendly, informative and straightforward customer experience. We hope this is evident from the first time you sign into the app (we encourage you to do this before an interview!).
Don’t just take our word for it - feel free to test out our customer experience by visiting our website (https://www.cuvva.com), clicking on the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner and saying hi to one of the team.
You will be making product improvements, as well as starting from scratch on new features across all platforms. You will be working with the product team to design stand out user journeys that create a magical experience for our customers. This means you will need to be empathetic towards them, as well as understand the problems they face and how they use the product. You will also work with the marketing team on complex marketing challenges as we get people to discover Cuvva.
You will design from conceptualisation through to shipping the product to our customers. You will prototype and test your designs both internally and with customers. The problems you will be solving will be platform-agnostic across iOS, Android and web as we work towards keeping the product fluid no matter the journey or use case.
Our product designs are built in Sketch and we prototype them internally and with our users using Principle. Illustrations are created in illustrator and our animations are produced in After Effects to work with Lottie. We are building our design system in Abstract which helps with versioning but also in making sure our iterations throughout the product and brand improve the overall design system.
You are someone who is able to simplify complex problems down to simple, elegant solutions. You are excited at the prospect of working on creating a product used by 100,000’s of people. You have a critical eye for detail and spotting imperfections.
You are able to communicate effectively with engineers and product managers to ensure that all teams are aligned.
You are comfortable collaborating with other people on complex product challenges.
- A deep knowledge of Sketch
- Experience of building a design system is a plus!
- Experience in prototyping and/or motion design - We use Principle & AE ✨
- 2+ years work on mobile products including iOS & Android
- A deep understanding of and empathy for users and desire to create well-designed solutions for their use
- Experience working directly with the engineers that build your designs and how to hand-off efficiently.
- A strong knowledge of Apple's interface guidelines & Android’s Material design with an interest in design best-practises.
- A portfolio to show us your previous design decisions - A prototype to hand is helpful
As well as a competitive salary (£45-65k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Working in our new (dog friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- Monthly team outings
- A budget dedicated towards your personal development
- High-spec MacBook Pro and anything you need to help you in your work
- A colour-calibrated 25” screen (or two?) for the most clear image
- Cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸
Posted about 2 months ago