Senior Product Designer
Sync Computing is Series A startup on a mission to build the next leap in distributed computing in the cloud. Sync Computing’s foundational technology is capable of solving large-scale scheduling optimization problems instantly, unlocking unprecedented gains in the orchestration of large-scale computing applications. Businesses worldwide will be able to utilize cloud resources with optimal efficiency, saving billions of dollars and endless hours on the cloud.
Sync Computing’s Product Mission is to change the way data engineers interact with cloud infrastructure by optimizing the scheduling and performance of cloud data applications at scale.
As the first Product Designer on the team, you will create the initial UX for our Autotuner product, collaborating closely with Product and Engineering to assure we are meeting our product and organizational goals. UX will be a critical aspect of our ability to onboard and support engineers and engineering teams without pushing them too far out of their existing workflows.
User experience is at the forefront of how we will create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. You will work on a collaborative team to solve complex challenges on a first in market product and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer or similar role.
- Experience collaborating with Designers, R&D, Engineers, and Product Managers.
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate the ability to craft simple UX for complex problems.
- Experience designing products for a technical audience.
- Experience developing greenfield products based on product and organizational goals.
- Ability to communicate concepts across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Outstanding conceptual and interaction design skills with a track record of designing and shipping successful platform experiences for enterprise users.
- Excellent analytical, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Facilitate workshops with leadership, engineers, product managers and customers for potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Design the core user experience for our Autotuner and eventually Orchestrator product lines.
- Design experiences that make complex tasks simple for our users.
- Work across the entire end-to-end design process, from very early-stage research and ideation to iteration and implementation.
- Drive alignment across teams (e.g., Engineering, Product, and R&D) and stakeholders to help shape the overall user experience.
- Understand through data and customer interactions how the product is used, and suggest and prioritize improvements to the product over time.