Mobile UX/UI Designer
Do you love sports? Have you always wanted to work on a digital sports product? Are you excited by the thought of designing a consumer app that will be used by millions of passionate sports fans? Then read on!
Digital sports betting in the US is still in the Stone Age. Today’s products still use the same antiquated table format that dates all the way back to the early 1800s, when they were writing odds on giant chalkboards. Because incumbents haven’t adapted to a mobile-first society, the current customer experience is painful, especially for a newer audience.
FTW is building a mobile app for the next generation of sports bettors. Our mission is to make the sports betting experience more fun, social and easy-to-use. By combining innovative gameplay with social gaming mechanics and a proprietary in-house odds engine, our product is uniquely positioned to corner the sports betting market.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, FTW is led by a team of successful entrepreneurs and tech veterans with experience and leadership roles at some of the world's most accomplished companies (Google, Zynga, Groupon, CBS and more).
Why join FTW?
- Best Time to Join - The company is well-funded but is still small which is the best time to join because you get all the upside of getting in on the bottom floor (e.g. maximizing equity) but minimize the risk of not having enough runway to survive.
- Be A Cultural Founder - Getting in this early means that you get to actually mold the company culture and experience what it’s like to be a true entrepreneur.
- Chance to Build Something Revolutionary - The market is ripe for disruption and there's no doubt that whoever cracks the puzzle will win the market. This is also a rare opportunity for you to build a large-scale consumer app that potentially millions of people will use (instead of, say, boring old enterprise software that few people touch!).
- Quality of the Team - Truly high-performing teams are hard to come by; joining FTW gives you an opportunity to collaborate with, learn from, and grow together with like-minded, successful tech veterans who have a track record of building great products.
As our first mobile designer, you will be responsible for establishing our brand and designing our mobile app from the ground up. You will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating previous work on consumer facing mobile apps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to design animations in Sketch and/or Adobe After Effects
- Strong understanding of mobile interaction design and iOS human interface guidelines
- Experience working closely with mobile engineers
- An emphasis on user centric design; you are constantly seeking feedback and challenging assumptions
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Equity package
- Relocation allowance if required