Senior Mobile UI Designer
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Fashion Store - Digital Experience
Reports to: Product Design Lead
Team Size: 16
Recruiter: Matthias Schmeißer
At Zalando, we challenge and improve product design. We are curious about changes in our field in a world of machine learning, flexible interfaces, personalization and enterprise platforms. We love success in fashion E-commerce, value diversity in our teams and customers and are interested to discover new and better tools to scale, enhance workflows and ultimately create a better customer experience.
We have a growing product design team community – one of the largest in Berlin. Our members come from prominent companies and organizations around the globe. We cherish each individual’s expertise and contribution to our work and our team.
We are currently looking for a senior mobile designer with an in-depth knowledge of UI design and user experience. The ideal candidate carries a passion for mobile platforms, visual language, systematic strategies and has experience with sizable projects generating measurable results. We will be curious to learn about your approach, customer centricity, and creative solutions. We work in fashion, so color matters to us as well as attention to detail. We would love to see your previous work and understand your rationale.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Researchers and Content Strategists to define problems & goals
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across mobile platforms
- Contribute to the expression of our brand
- Know where to leverage our design system and where to push the boundaries
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Appreciation for the storytelling aspect of dress and fashion and a passion for challenging experiences and improving eCommerce
- Understand the boundaries and opportunities of mobile experience
- Ability to create an original design and execute with excellence
- Clear communication of a design rationale and detailed documentation of work
- The ability to give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- The drive to execute well in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
PERKS AT WORK
- Join an international team of exceptional designers and take the excellent opportunity to formulate a 21-century fashion experience.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service, and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Posted 30 days ago