Senior Experience Designer
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer (UX) with demonstrated experience owning the UX design process on complex projects–from concept to execution. The Senior Experience Designer must be self-directed and able to function as an independent contributor, but also thrive working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, UI designers, marketers, and stakeholders. Our projects can span across our site, app, retail tech, and even internal tools, and demand expertise in research, flow-mapping, information architecture, interaction design, information design, and user testing.
You’re a great candidate if you enjoy being the voice of the user, taking into consideration user needs and best practices when designing new features, and thinking holistically about the impact your work is making on the business. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will make you successful in RTR’s results-oriented culture, as will the ability to perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple digital initiatives, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
- Create innovative experiences that meet both business goals and requirements, and user needs and expectations
- Own the UX design throughout the lifecycle of a project, from the initial brief to ongoing consultation through implementation/launch
- Identify and create the best UX deliverables for a given project, from flow diagrams and low-fidelity prototypes to help define a complex user flow, to detailed information and interaction design to help users process digest content
- Facilitate and participate in cross-functional brainstorming sessions to define business and project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Lead and manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, and moderating users)
- Interface with product managers, UI designers, engineers, product marketers, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of UX design experience, including 4+ years experience working on highly functional and/or transactional experiences; e-commerce experience a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of design principles and the UX process, and how to balance those with the needs of the business
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives and guiding decisions for enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in or strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required