We're looking for a Graphic Designer for a high end retail leather goods company. We make the most rugged and durable leather bags on the market. Ultimately we’re looking for a full time candidate, following a 3 month trial contract position. As the Graphic Designer you will be responsible for supporting the creative team, designing and handling assets across both print and digital including emails, landing pages, banner ads, and printed materials. Bonus points If you are able to help our filmmaker with motion graphics support. Projects will be roughly 90% digital, though we have occasional print jobs as well.
We are a lean operation who work collaboratively, which means you would have the opportunity to be part of the content creation process, giving input and ideas for campaigns, shoots, or copy.
You would be responsible for freshening up the page design in various corners of our website, as well as providing fresh ideas on the visual design and layout of our blog.
You must have sense of humor and reasonable tolerance for chaos (i.e., if the idea of the apocalypse is categorically really scary to you, turn back now. If the apocalypse seems kinda scary, but also maybe a little exciting, keep reading).
The job would require you to work onsite most weeks to coordinate with the Marketing department, but flexibility toward working remotely would increase as you gain familiarity with the brand and workflow.
- Creating and editing digital assets using provided templates and brand guidelines, including mobile and web headers, email newsletters, and social posts.
- Take the lead on some web page redesign initiatives we’ll be executing in 2019
- Print design and production, direct mail and marketing collateral
- Cleaning up digital or print files; preparing for publication
- Meet branding and marketing design needs while remaining in line with brand standards
- Bringing fresh design ideas to the implementation of marketing and branding needs
- BFA in Graphic Design or related field
- Ideally, 1+ years of experience creating digital designs across web and social. But if you’re fresh out of school with a portfolio that just won’t take no for an answer, send it our way.
- Strong typography with an understanding of the hierarchy of messaging and what elements need to be prominent to communicate the messaging in an engaging way
- Adept at understanding brand feel and identity and able to translate that into visual elements
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, collaborative, resourceful and hardworking
- Have a great eye for detail, staying organized and multitasking in a fast paced and busy environment
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Retail eCommerce experience and/or motion graphics experience is a huge plus
- Magento-based eCommerce experience a mega double huge plus
- HTML and CSS programming and Dreamweaver knowledge a massive triple ultra plus
Posted about 1 month ago