Senior UIUX Design
About the Role:
Title: Senior UI/UX Designer
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reports to: Lead UI/UX Designer
Job Purpose: The UI/UX Designer transforms highly complex concepts into innovative application designs that anticipate user needs. They are responsible for conceptualizing and creating new user interface designs and user experiences, as well as enhancing existing web and mobile applications. The UI/UX Designer creates a variety of assets for delivery to the engineering team such as comps, UI elements for web and mobile, videos, prototypes, and user flows. They work closely with the Product Manager, Developers, and Project Manager to create a superior user experience for our products. The Sr. UI/UX Designer is also expected to lead design projects as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design and develop wireframes and high fidelity comps for web and mobile projects.
- Product Requirements – Collaboration with the product managers, designers and software developers to define, design, and deliver new software products. Work closely with technical teams to ensure the successful execution of user interface designs and the preservation of the original design intent in the final product.
- Create visual prototypes and screens that will be used to explain user experiences and application flow to developers and project stakeholders.
- Project planning and Management – Develop level-of-effort estimates for design projects to project management teams. Communicate and report UI projects progress to management.
- Create and maintain guidelines for visual assets and application brand.
- Product Research and Planning – Collaborate with competitive analysis teams on user research to support user-experience based evaluation of competitor products. Keep abreast of mobile technologies and latest technology trends in all areas of UI expertise, including best practice for mobile and browser platforms.
- Contribute to the development of product roadmaps spec books and internal documents with the Product Manager.
This position requires not only dedication to detail and a very good follow-through, but also a personality that is up to the task of shouldering considerable responsibilities. It is the responsibility of this individual to see that information is presented accurately, appropriately and that reporting requirements and deadlines are met in a timely fashion. This position requires an individual who can work well under pressure and is flexible and easily able to multi-task and re-prioritize when necessary. This position is highly visible within the organization; so strong communication skills and a composed, professional demeanor are absolutely required. There is significant opportunity for growth and potential to secure management positions.
- At least 3-5 years of web application design experience with an emphasis on interaction and interface design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating clean, intuitive, and functional UX design
- Solid understanding of the capabilities of web browsers across multiple platforms
- Experience spanning the design process from concept to launch, on multiple projects
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus
- Equally comfortable wearing business, design, and technical hats
- Open to debating your ideas
- Comfortable using web analytics and qualitative data to inform design
- Passionate about design and UX
- Experience mentoring other designers is a plus
- Technical / Educational Requirements:Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
What's in it for you?
- Competitive comp and benefits including 401K
- Experience a high-growth career, big-name tech stability and amenities without the exorbitant cost of living
- Disrupt the retail industry with us!
- Build the technology that empowers creators around the world
- Solve interesting problems
- Catered meals weekly
- Fully stocked bars and kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Casual office environment
- Chair massages and many additional work perks!
Want to see what it is like inside rewardStyle HQ?
Since 2011, rewardStyle has fueled the arrival of a new influence on the retail industry: professional content creators. By providing the innovative technologies, strategic growth consultancy and partnerships necessary to empower a global network of 25,000 premium lifestyle content creators and 4,500 retailers, rewardStyle is making a tangible impact on global e-commerce sales. In 2017 alone, rewardStyle Influencers drove more than $1 billion in online retail sales to our brand partners.
LIKEtoKNOW.it, rewardStyle's consumer-facing shopping platform which makes thousands of pieces of original influencer content actionable each day for millions of consumers worldwide, was launched in 2014. In March 2017, the game-changing LIKEtoKNOW.it app was launched, featuring a proprietary technology that allows consumers to instantly shop their screenshots of influencer-created imagery anywhere they discover it across social media and the mobile web. Only 9 months after launching, the LIKEtoKNOW.it app hit 1 million registered users, outpacing the launch-year user acquisition rate of some of today's most popular content discovery apps.
Honored as one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company, rewardStyle has redirected the lifestyle publishing industry and contributed to the professionalization and financial independence of thousands of influencers worldwide, enabling them to earn meaningful revenue on their digital content and ultimately empowering them to grow their small businesses into internationally-recognized brands.
rewardStyle's Product team is made up of talented customer-focused individuals who are passionate about tackling complex and interesting problems at large scale and continuously delivering innovative products and features. Today, #rStheFamily has 250+ team members working from rewardStyle offices in Dallas, London, New York, Shanghai, São Paulo, Los Angeles, and Berlin.