Senior Product Designer
Applicaster is one of the world’s leading cloud platforms for app development in the media space, offering fast time-to-market and a rich array of features on a variety of platforms. Using Applicaster’s SaaS cloud platform and pluggable infrastructure , media companies can develop, design, iterate and release mobile, OTT and connected TV apps for their audiences.
Applicaster-powered apps are used by millions of viewers worldwide every day. Applicaster proudly counts among its customers ProSiebenSat.1, Televisa, DirecTV, Fox TV stations, Fox International, The Olympic Channel, , Conde Nast, and many more.
We are looking for an experienced product designer, who lives and breaths both design and web technology. As a product designer you’ll be designing the Zapp platform - our management console webapp which is the gateway to Applicaster’s app management platform. We are reinventing the way media companies connect with their audiences. And our platform architecture and logic empowers users in an industry-first way. Traditional and new media broadcasters, publishers and community owners use Zapp to build & design mobile, OTT and Connected TV apps around the world. We want your help in making their experience wonderful!
The Product Designer reports to the CPO and will work closely with our Head of Product, Platform Architect, and Product Guild, as well as lead the Design Guild in the company.
What you’ll do
- Design a user-friendly, intuitive and welcoming user journey for creating and managing mobile and TV apps.
- Lead and implement the user design strategy for the Zapp user interface, visualize designs for product task forces and support the team in the occasional PowerPoint or Keynote presentation.
- Ensure the Zapp app-building platform is friendly and easy to use and includes expected functionality plus usability features and product features that will surprise and delight our customers.
- Manage the execution against plan, anticipating risks and communication needs internally and with customers.
Who you are
- An experienced product designer: you can plan for the future and also support the existing needs of our organization today.
- Collaborative and inclusive: you bring people in to gather information and understand the needs across our company and client base. We are undertaking an amazing product journey and you'll be key in bringing the company along to share the vision.
- Empathetic: you understand and anticipate the needs of stakeholders and users
- A natural prioritizer: you can take input and feedback from many, compare against the product vision, and create a product our users love, and love to use.
- Upbeat and positive: you will be integral in building a new era for the company and our customers, and it won't always be easy. But wow, it will be satisfying!
- 3+ years of experience design for web products
- Proven record of strong interaction and visual design skills.
- Strong documentation skills to advance collaboration.
- Ability to handle projects of varied nature from brief to completion to operation.
- Strong understanding of, and development experience in mobile and web technologies
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Excellent working knowledge in design, prototyping, and research software.
- Ability and experience to work as part of global team.
- A very strong background in design and potentially a BA/BS degree in a Design field (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, Etc.).
- Attention to detail and capacity to work independently.
- Experience working in a Saas company - advantage.
Please add Design portfolio to accompany resume. We are mostly interested on seeing interaction design projects.
The position requires experience in working in a global team spread across time zones and locations and may require travel from time to time.
We believe that communication and teamwork are the key for making great products. We want you to lead internally the use of the best design principles and methodologies out there.
- We provide Health coverage for you and your family
- Tax advantages through a flexible spending account, that allow you to pay for specific health care and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars
- A 401K plan where the company contribute 3% of your annual salary
- And unlimited vacation days