Brand Director - Crochet
Crafts Group is a privately-owned online craft supply retailer with three main brands: Connecting Threads (quilting), Knit Picks (knitting) and Artists Club (decorative painting). Our goal is to create innovative, commercially viable craft supplies for our family of brands that deliver both value and style to the consumer. We are expanding and are looking to find a crochet expert to help us grow our product offering and customer base.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and will be responsible for overall revenue for this division, driven by but not limited to product development, selection of items and materials, marketing, and product line up.
The Brand Director leads overall creative direction and aesthetic of the crochet brand, ensuring consistent brand management. This position also oversees all divisional staff and manages the department's employment cycle including recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training, performance, development, coaching and separation.
- Works with the SVP Marketing and Director of Purchasing to establish target inventory levels through the year, relative to associated sell-through targets.
- Researches and develops new products to expand existing retail lines.
- Analyzes sales data for catalog, online sales, and other promotions and special offers; shares information with team and Senior Management.
- Oversees all divisional marketing and content materials including website, email blasts, blogs, catalogs and print ads. Approves final catalog pagination, spacing and product placement.
- Plans merchandising by reviewing item sales history, pagination and additional content for print catalog.
- Oversees and collaborates with staff on kit and pattern development. Ensures a balance of kits for each collection, authorizing the creation of kits with outside patterns as necessary to avoid any gaps.
- Collaborates with IT and Purchasing to schedule and coordinate new product and catalog launches.
- Coordinates and schedule multimedia product support, including podcasts, tutorials, and blog content.
- Develops new programs (for example: IDP, e-books) for merchandising and marketing existing products.
- Manages key relationships and partnerships for the brand. Represents the division at trade shows and industry events.
- Creates a positive workplace for members of the division where they can be challenged and grow.
- Experienced with crochet and able to provide samples or photos of crochet projects they have completed
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative environment as a team player
- Ability to multitask and self-motivate in a deadline driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient or familiar with other fiber arts (knitting, spinning, weaving, etc.)
- Familiarity with Ravelry.com
- •Experience managing graphic designers and/or creative teams
- Textile- or fiber art-related degree, certification, or experience
- Color theory training or relevant experience
We offer competitive pay based on your experience and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, paid time off, employee discount, casual work environment, and more!
To apply, please email a cover letter and your resume. Due to the high volume of responses, all applicants may not be contacted. No phone calls please.
Crafts Group is a member of the Premier Needs Arts family.Posted 10 days ago Apply Now