Associate Director, Design
The Associate Director of Design:
Working in the Office of Marketing and Communications, the Associate Director, Design is responsible for conceptual and design work, client relations and creative leadership to ensure that Santa Clara University’s visual materials convey the values, core identity, and desired brand image of the university.
Reporting to the Art Director, the Associate Director, Design is someone who brings deep creative skills and vision and who can lead general marketing projects as well as execute great design. They will be responsible for conceptualizing, consulting on, and overseeing implementation of the university’s visual identity program, special web, digital, new media, print projects, and other visual initiatives on behalf of campus clients and the university as a whole.
The Associate Director, Design will be working with in-house and external designers, photographers, illustrators, and videographers as well as coordinating design and production functions. They will collaborate with other marketing professionals to develop compelling marketing and communication material.
The Associate Director, Design will create strategic and professionally accomplished visual designs that meet the campus clients’ marketing objectives. They will consistently carry forward the university’s brand identity and image across applications and all media, including digital, web, print and video.
• In-depth knowledge of design and web software programs like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and functional knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Exceptional graphic design skills.
• Proven advanced knowledge of web design, CMS, and HTML/CSS is required. Ability to create assets for our web team that are mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly to provide a user experience that fits all formats.
• Experience in creating high fidelity mock-ups and UX/UI design direction across mobile, tablet and web.
• Experience in creating sketches, user flows, wireframes, and final visual design deliverables.
• Knowledge of the publication process, from initial concepts to printed product.
• Knowledge of printing methods is required.
• Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Santa Clara University and the vision and values of a Jesuit Catholic educational institution.
• Bachelor’s degree required emphasis in design or related field preferred.
• Minimum of six to eight years of progressive professional experience in interactive digital design, publications, project management, in an in-house or agency creative position.Posted 9 days ago Apply Now