America’s Test Kitchen is looking for a mid-level product designer to join their digital design team. If you love creating things and take great personal pride in crafting beautiful, meaningful, functional and highly performant interfaces that redefine digital experiences, we want to work with you. We’re looking for a curious, thoughtful, creative, collaborative, enthusiastic and empathetic candidate to join our Digital Design team.
Skills you’ll need:
- Ability to craft beautiful visual and experiential solutions to support user behavior goals that positively impact the brand and business needs
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals
- A talent for turning abstract ideas into visual stories and solving tricky layout challenges
- A high degree of curiosity and play in design decisions
- Communication Skills
- Can work collaboratively with other designers and teams, and mentor junior members of the team
- Excellent communication skills when presenting design choices
- Strong Organizational skills (can autonomously lead several projects at once and seeks direction for priorities)
- asks questions for understanding
- Technical Proficiency
- Design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of best practices in design systems, responsive design and accessibility
- Bachelor’s degree in art or design, or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years in consumer facing digital design and experience in the mobile space, ecommerce experience a plus
- A well-rounded, visually-exceptional portfolio that includes examples of thoughtful work. We’re excited to see your work, please link your portfolio!
- Help create designs that establish America’s Test Kitchen as the premier online destination for the most authoritative content for home cooks
- Conceptualize, visualize and design the best experience for all of America’s Test Kitchen’s digital properties across desktop, mobile, and tablet leveraging established brand assets
- Collaborate with a wide range of contributors including UX, Marketing, Product Owners, Developers, Editorial teams, and Test Cooks, to develop innovative designs and experiences that integrate our unique intersection of content and commerce
- Ensure visual consistency of customer experience and brand across various digital touch points
America’s Test Kitchen’s Digital Design Team
We're design decision makers who believe we provide the most value when we’re solving problems–not only completing projects.Good design increases the strength of our customer relationships. We take seriously the responsibility to create designs that not only garner trust, but also reflect the value of the content we create and share.
- We value inclusive design that centers around all our user’s needs.
- We use a design system to create consistent, efficient and beautiful experiences – for those using and building our sites.
- Creative work requires trust and risk-taking, so we practice and seek radical candor from our teammates. (+ have a lot of fun together!)
Why America’s Test Kitchen
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
ATK considers the safety of its employees and the community a top priority. As part of this commitment, ATK requires all new and existing employees who will be on site or who will engage in any work-related travel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including a booster for those who are eligible), unless they obtain prior approval for an accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief, or are otherwise exempt from this requirement due to applicable state or local law. Qualified candidates who are offered the opportunity to join ATK will be required to comply with this policy and will be asked to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the first day of work.
Individuals who need additional information concerning ATK’s vaccination policy or its process for requesting an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department at HRadmin@americastestkitchen.com.