VP of Design
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it probably should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Perch helps customers sell their home on their schedule without the hassles, at market price. Perch enables home buyers to choose from an inventory of certified pre-owned houses, making it easy to discover and close on a move-in ready, quality home.
Perch is headquartered in New York with offices throughout Texas. We have raised over $30 million in funding to date and are backed by top investors including FirstMark, Accomplice, and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
Perch is seeking a VP of Design to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes.
The VP Design must be a leader and a strategic visionary, but love getting their hands dirty. The ideal candidate will be an evangelist for human-centered design and ensure the customer is top of mind whenever we design products, experiences, or collateral. The right candidate will balance that with a highly practical approach and a bias for action. We need to manage a delicate balance of research and thoughtful design with the realities of a fast-moving industry.
This role is based in NYC and reports to the Co-Founder/Head of Growth & Customer Experience. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package.
The VP of Design will manage 2 team members to start.
The ideal candidate will excel at 3 things:
- Being research-driven in our product & service design
- Being thoughtful about how we build a consistent brand experience for our customer online and offline
- Possessing a strong point of view on visual design and copy that enables consistency, differentiation and ownability
Drive product design process
- Ensure clear understanding of the problem to be solved by team members
- Partner with product team to identify product features and functionality related to business objectives
- Manage designers to develop prototypes and solutions
- Run design sprints as needed to drive to optimal outcomes
- Collaborate in customer research
- Partner with marketing and product colleagues in conducting customer research: identifying subjects, drafting learning objectives and discussion guide
- Lead team to develop prototypes for testing
- Build a culture of consistent user feedback and testing that can be actionable to designers
Lead brand design
- Refine our brand style guide over time
- Ensure consistency in visual identity and copy across all mediums
- Consider new ways to build our brand/awareness at every touchpoint potential customers have
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 8+ years prior design experience in a B2C business
- Experience working in early/growth stage business
- UX/UI/research design background, service design experience a major plus
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on consumer needs and research
- Previous responsibility for branding/art direction a plus
- You have experience with: managing teams of product designers, visual designers and researchers and collaborating with user interface designers and front-end developers
- People describe you as: Passionate, Customer-centric, Fast-moving, Having high standards, Kind, Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today, Strong drive for results, A great teammate, Having a low ego