Mid weight Digital Designer
Merchant has a strong reputation, with over 36 years' experience and an impressive portfolio of global clients, we offer fresh, inspirational creative design solutions and marketing support across a number of disciplines, spanning web/app design, brand design, print design, motion graphic design and a whole host of other corporate communications.
Joining us as Mid-weight Digital Designer you will work closely with our lead designer at every stage of the creative process, from brief to launch. You will be a creative thinker, with a broad skillset, who values carefully considered design and has a portfolio that showcases your creative design experience.
To be considered for this position at Merchant you MUST have the following: (Please do not apply if you do not fit these criteria as your application will not be considered)
A minimum of 2 year's experience in a similar designer role
- A portfolio showcasing variety, quality and creative-flare as a digital designer. A link to website portfolio or PDF download is a must.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite - with fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects, estimate realistic deadlines and meet them.
- Good communication skills - being able to discuss ideas and present work to the team and to clients
It would be advantageous to have the following skills:
- Video editing / animation skills - experience with Adobe Premier and After Effects
- Great typographic skills - ability to demonstrate examples of typographic design
- Good eye for colour usage
- Experience designing in Sketch
- An understanding of the printing process and creating artwork for print
- Understanding of front-end development
- 3D visualisation - in particular using Blender 3D
In return for your hard work our agency offers the following:
- A positive and friendly studio environment
- Views of the Solent estuary
- Free parking
- Regular sailing trips on the company yacht
- MacBook Pro with secondary monitor
- Close to city centre
- Sonos sound system
- Weekly dedicated gym sessions
- Work events. This year was Lisbon!
- As much fresh coffee as you can drink!
Posted 12 days ago