Project Manager, Design
Everyday Health is looking for a dynamic, research-driven Project Manager to join our tight-knit design team. As a Project Manager you’ll help plan multiple digital design products of strategic importance that work to empower others to live their healthiest lives.
You will be responsible for managing multiple interdisciplinary projects ranging from small-scale design updates to complex new product releases. You will engage with a variety of stakeholders – including senior leadership, marketing and product managers, software developers, network operations engineers, as well as members of editorial, insights, and quality assurance teams.
You will be heavily involved throughout the creative process – participating in brainstorms, helping define usability test criteria, and coordinating the recruitment for in-person research.
Key tasks include working with design and product leads to define project scopes and requirements; helping to build new product discovery frameworks; obtaining feedback, approvals, and the on-time asset delivery from stakeholders; leading resource allocation; and conducting agile ceremonies. Other core responsibilities include task management, holding teammates accountable for action items, and ensuring project milestones are met.
We’re looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a passion for human-centered design.
- Facilitate the seamless execution of assigned projects, ensuring processes are followed, deliverables align with the original requirements, and projects are on-time
- Develop and monitor integrated project and launch plans, including scope of work, product requirements, asset hand-off, schedule alignment, and specifications
- Manage the product and discovery backlogs, define subtasks, and activity dependencies per project plan
- Lead key agile ceremonies in tandem with design leads, including: sprint planning, timeline development, defining meeting cadence and weekly goals, conducting daily standups, sprint reviews, definition of done exercises, and sprint retrospectives
- Create and communicate burndown charts, suggest optimizations where and when necessary
- Work with the larger Project Management team to develop cross-discipline reporting against sprints, including project successes, areas of improvement, and project velocities sprint over sprint
- Assess timeline risks and provide solutions and mitigation plans in collaboration with the technical, design, and product teams
- Clarify, communicate, and remind the larger team of project objectives and its success criteria throughout the duration of the project
- Help manage expectations of management and stakeholders; set realistic goals and provide an ongoing status against these goals
- Facilitate the necessary reviews with stakeholders, manage communications, relay feedback, and secure on-time approvals
- Define meeting agendas and goals, provide recaps and immediate next steps; hold teammates accountable for action items
- Participate in product discovery brainstorms, help conduct generative research, and contribute to the final product definition
- Work with the design team to ensure UX best practices and lessons learned from previous projects are applied
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement; work with design leads to commit to an action plan to achieve optimal workflows
- Facilitate a positive, collaborative work environment for the team
- Coordinate with third party technologies and partners
- Facilitate cross-functional time tracking against project goals
- 5+ years of cross-functional project management experience at a digital agency, technology firm, or online content publishing
- Experience managing end-to-end digital product releases leveraging Agile methodologies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently coordinate
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to exercise diplomacy during product reviews with stakeholders, while helping to communicate sprint and product priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment with minimal supervision
- Experience building and executing a framework for resource management
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence, the MS project suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with web-based technologies and the systems used to support major sites, including content management systems and user analytics tools (is a plus)
- Familiarity with online content publishing (is a plus)
- Hands-on design or research experience and the appetite to execute results-driven products (is a plus)
Everyday Health, Inc. is a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions. Everyday Health attracts a large and engaged audience of consumers and healthcare professionals to its premier health and wellness properties, and uses its data and analytics expertise to deliver personalized content experiences and effective marketing and engagement solutions. Everyday Health enables consumers to manage their daily health and wellness needs, healthcare professionals to stay informed and make better decisions for their patients, and for marketers to communicate and engage with consumers and professionals to drive better, healthier outcomes. Everyday Health's content and solutions are delivered through multiple channels, including desktop, mobile web, and mobile phone and tablet applications, as well as video and social media.Posted 14 days ago Apply Now