UI/UX Design Lead for Digital Healthcare
Position Title: UX/UI Design Lead
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health.
Reporting To: Chief Product and Services Officer
● As our founding UX/UI Designer your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product features and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive designs for web/mobile experiences required to delight our consumer base and build the digital relationship for behavior change through targeted health engagement. The UX/UI Design Lead role will be a critical and foundational component of the executive team. This senior leadership position is also responsible for the design of cross-channel consumer-facing products (web, mobile, advocate services), including user research, design, development requirements, cost estimates and continued iteration and testing. A key part of this role is to design a world class modern front-end platform that integrates seamlessly with the machine-learning analytical insights generated from the Health Engine team.
● To be successful in this role, you must be a phenomenal interaction designer with a creative capability unmatched by your peers. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups & flows and testing & validating to ensure our products achieve the product and business goals established for each project.
● This position will have staff and resources to design and iterate a seamless, delightful, and best-in-class cross-channel experience as it scales in customers and product offerings.
● This individual will be expected to collaborate with current team members - including industry-leading executives within back end technology infrastructure, predictive data analytics, loyalty and user engagement, and healthcare operations - to deliver on the product design needs across the cross-channel offering.
● Immediate need is a proven-leader to lead disciplined decision-making and planning (requirements, roadmap, budget) related to consumer-focused design, user experience, and user interface of a world-class consumer-facing product.
● Strong preference is for this person to be headquartered in one of our two hubs (Chapel Hill, NC or Boston, MA). Co-location with our team will be critical for this role.
● Lead the planning and design of the front-end UI/UX with input from the Chief Product & Services Officer and broader team
● Establish market-leading consumer cross-channel designs with an integrated consumer experience
● Play a key role in designing hand-offs with 3rd party partnerships with traditional healthcare players and consumer-centric companies
● Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
● Design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
● Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
● Validate ideas and designs using split A/B tests and iterative product performance testing
● Measure recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement with the customer experience to improve performance
● Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
● Experience in digital products and interacting with teams utilizing modern front-end frameworks, with a focus on consumer-facing products of at least 100K active users, or a smaller product with the equivalent UX/UI needs
● Experience leveraging concepts in behavioral/cognitive economics and gamification to make user engagement more fun and personally rewarding
● Experience with iterative testing and rigorous UI evaluation techniques
● Healthcare experience not required, but passion for health, wellness and our vision is critical
● 5 years of senior management experience, including managing designers (design lead) with team size of 4+ direct reports
● Proven experience designing consumer-facing products at scale while preserving an innovative mindset, to include optimizing processes for continuous iteration and robust automated testing
● Experience building and leading design teams, from the ground up
● Work and management experience using agile software development methodology
● Familiarity with industry standard design programs (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite), formats (video/audio, email templates), platforms (Wordpress, Drupal), and front end languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
● Experience working with teams utilizing modern web development frameworks
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities
● Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere, including leadership and prioritized decision-making with imperfect information and experience in a venture-backed startup
● Demonstrated collaborative style, with the ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships across various internal stakeholders and constituents
● Start-up like mentality and desire to innovate at pace
● Ability to recruit top talent and motivate the team
● Looked to for technology & design leadership and innovation
● Credibility from a tech/design perspective, including a portfolio or recent design examples
● Ability to plan, forecast, and build a scalable product on budget/timeline
● Experience in rigorous testing and iteration of UI components
● Bachelor’s degree in a creative field or design/art schoolPosted 19 days ago Apply Now