"We are a team of creatives who guide passionate brands.”
That’s us! We are 970 Design and we're looking for someone who feels called to it to join our team as one of our graphic designers. We offer great opportunity to live in an amazing mountain community with a full-time job, good pay and competitive benefits and incentives like flexible hours accommodating powder days, and creative visions of cutting-edge design and functionality.
970 Design is already serving a number of Vail's most prestigious companies, as well as an impressive splash of clients from LA to NYC. We have numerous award-winning designs, and multiple exciting projects in the works. We are small, but mighty and we're in need of someone who possesses powerful artistic vision and expresses out-of-the-box creativity, but also understands that on a small team, many hats can be worn to make the dream work; works well both independently and on a team; drives deliverables forward and takes on ownership of projects; proactively overcomes roadblocks and drives toward deadlines; follows through aggressively; double and triple checks work obsessively; communicates articulately; holds in their minds the big picture of the company and the brand; and has a deep love of being creative and loves being around the same.
So what will you be doing?
- Generating creative concepts for digital and print including advertising, catalogs, materials for events, packaging design, websites, etc.
- Be hands on from design through execution of materials
- Work with Creative Directors, account and project managers to define, create and execute deliverables on time
- Help critique designs and participate in design project collaborations
- Front end website design
- Website Populating
You will need these skills:
- Ninja Graphic Design Skills
- A love for serving clients and making them feel like they are our only client
- Punctuality and deadline follow-through
- Proficient in color theory, composition, design principles and typography
- Web Design and UX Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing, or other relevant field
- 3+ years professional experience in graphic arts, with an agency or in-house
- Software Skills: must be fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and XD; must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and on Mac OS; any experience with Lightroom, After Effects and is a plus.
- Experience with different CMS, particularly Wordpress and Drupal
Additional skills that could give you an edge:
- Passion for marketing, and all things web and design
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Client management skills
- Passion for Mountain Living
We work Monday to Friday (although sometimes it is more and sometimes less). This position should take 30 to 40 hours per week and the initial pay will be hourly.
If you are interested in this position, send us an email to (email@example.com) with the following info:
- Brief cover letter summarizing your skills, your approach to creativity, with any of the traits we are looking for.
- Three (3) industry references with contact information
- Three (3) JPEGs of your best work, scaled to around 1400 pixels and titled in the following format: LastName_First Name_Title of Composition
- Links to your online work, profiles, portfolio
Can’t wait to meet you!
Posted 3 months ago