Sr. Web Designer
Timescale is looking for a Senior Web Designer who lives and breathes the web. Our web properties are the first touchpoint a developer will have with our brand. This needs to be an incredible, fun, and inviting experience.
As a Senior Web Designer, you’ll be responsible for contributing to, maintaining, and shaping the future of the visual look & feel on our web properties. One of the most challenging and rewarding parts of this role is designing elegant and easily digestible solutions to convey highly complex and abstract ideas. You’ll work collaboratively with other designers, developers, and other members of the marketing team to build the next big database.
- Craft compelling, informative, and beautiful web pages
- Development and maintenance of design systems across all web properties
- Experimentation of typography, color, layout to further elevate the brand
- Build and maintain consistency of brand standards and guidelines
- Contribute to the front-end web development for your designs
- Provide mentorship and feedback to junior members on the team
- Help guide strategy across web properties
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of design experience at a design agency, internal marketing team, or startup
- Expert-level experience in Creative Suite
- Expert-level experience with prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision, or Framer
- Previous experience with creating and managing design systems
- Experience working with React, HTML, and CSS
- Have experience working remotely
- Highly organized, takes pride in attention to detail
- Passionate about sharing ideas, having an opinion
- A passion for experimentation with new design techniques and technologies
- A passion for branding, typography, and illustration
- A passion for nerd culture and technology
- A passion for all-things digital with a reverence for print design
- Video/animation experience a huge plus
- Self-starter who can execute on ideas, manage and prioritize multiple design tasks
- You consider yourself a “wearer of many hats,” with the ability to take an idea from concept to sketches to high-fidelity designs, and finally seeing it through with web developers to make sure your designs are 100% pixel-perfect.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)