Product Design Lead
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Product Design Lead to join our growing Design function.
The Product Design Lead will own the vision, execution and optimization of our Internal Tools user experience. They will be accountable for the holistic experience of a complex, web-based tool used by our 200+ (and growing) CX team and 30+ Operations team. They will need to deeply understand both our customer needs and the needs of our internal users, develop and manage a unique design system, be well versed in accessibility and usability, and have a passion for crafting end-to-end experiences that not only meet product needs but deliver joy to our end users.
The focus of this role is on creating user experience and visual design for existing feature improvements, user feedback sourcing and implementation, and new features. You will be responsible for executing user research, user flows, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and user testing. You will also guide the vision for the tool as a whole.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Engineering, Growth, and Product and will have the opportunity to mentor junior designers. The ideal candidate has experience with large systems and web-based applications. They not only deliver outstanding and innovative solutions for UX strategy and execution, but always seek out opportunities to improve and put forth a vision. You are someone who is highly user-centric, detailed, collaborative, and open to feedback.
NYC area Preferred but open to remote other states - NJ, MD, Washington D.C., NC, OH, TN, GA, FL, NE, TX, CA, OR, AZ and WA.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Drive the vision for the design within a designated domain and contribute to the definition of design processes and methodologies.
- Collaborate with product managers, brand, engineers, and others to drive projects forward
- Drive overall design strategy and decision-making for a suite of tools
- Build user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, and interactions
- Ability to balance quality and time while designing product features
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Assist in hiring, mentoring, and establishing a diverse design community within the company
We're Excited About You Because
- Proven 7-10 years of experience working in product design and UI/UX
- Experience managing and developing junior designers
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Miro, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc. (other prototyping tools a plus)
- Experience with React, vue.js, or similar libraries a plus
- The ideal candidate has experience with large systems and web-based applications.
- Significant experience leading design projects from problem definition to production and beyond
- Expertise designing within an evolving system
- A keen understanding of how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to think through complex systems
- An empathetic approach to understanding user motivations and needs
- Independent, forward-thinking, and able to clearly convey design decisions and rationale
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug