OpenInvest is a fast growing early stage fintech company backed by major VCs. Our mission is to overhaul financial systems and align capital with social and environmental values. As one of the first companies to combine algorithmic investing with sustainable and responsible investment, we stand apart for the transparency, usability and customizability of the portfolios created on our platform.
Through our values and technology, we plan to create the next great disruption in finance. We are a Public Benefit Corporation and are supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
OpenInvest’s core principles are integrity and transparency. We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to include these elements in every aspect of our company.
- Great communicator - verbal and visual
- Self-confidence and ability to explain design approach and choices
- Strong portfolio of UI/UX work - possibly within fintech space
- Team player with a can do attitude to work on projects of all shapes and sizes
- Improve overall UI/UX for our institutional and retail products across web and mobile
- Translate product requirements and customer research into clearly defined design deliverables - wireframes, mockups, sketches that lead to intuitive user experience
- Rapidly test and iterate design using a customer-centered approach
- Define design patterns and maintain current style guide ensuring consistency across all products and assets
- Help with growth by designing sophisticated marketing assets to support sales
- +2 years of UI, UX and Product design experience
- Strong portfolio of work that shows your research, interaction and visual skills
- Tools of the trade: Balsamiq (or similar), Sketch, Invision, Photoshop
- Self-motivated and ability to execute a project with limited supervision
- Ability to understand high level product strategy and vision and clearly communicate design decisions
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience designing financial applications and analytics heavy dashboards
- Good understanding of financial concepts and experience working with financial advisory management tools and applications
- Experience with Wordpress