Senior Product Designer (UI)
Beyond is looking for a hands on Product Designer with a focus in user interface design to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Warner Brothers, News UK, to name a few). As part of a hyper-collaborative multidisciplinary product team, you’ll help set the vision for end-to-end user experiences and turn your vision into reality.
As a senior designer, you’ll have full autonomy on products and will shape their approach and strategic direction. You are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals.
- Design best-in-class user experiences/visuals through sketches, design comps and interaction/animation design.
- Gather inspiration from other designs, experiences, and disciplines, and collate moodboards to set and guide the visual direction for your projects.
- Support studio initiatives and client needs for creative design services as-needed.
- Support the product development process with production design, management and delivery of design assets, including style and implementation guide when necessary.
- Craft beautiful, on-brand presentations for internal work (e.g. pitches) and client workshops/meetings.
- Travel to clients’ offices when needed to better understand their environment and build empathy for their challenges and sometimes work from there when needed.
- Plan, participate in (and often lead) workshops with colleagues and/or clients.
- Approach every problem with a product mindset, supporting product quality, innovation, and rapid time to market.
- Create happy, thriving partnerships within nimble, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams and with clients.
- Mentor more junior designers to encourage their growth and ensure sound thinking and quality delivery.
Who you are:
- Your focus is UI, but you have a calling and affinity for other areas of the product development process and a strong appreciation for UX.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies.
- You have a clear design aesthetic that influences your work, but you’re also able to adapt your design approach to mesh with different brands and other designers’ ideas.
- You have experience designing across all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You can bring your designs to life with a number of design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- You are familiar with working in an agile environment.
- You have a people-centred design approach, and are constantly looking to improve your decisions through user feedback, and are driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics.
- You want to learn and grow in your discipline, by attending meet-ups and design related events and regularly seek feedback from coworkers to help you do so.
- Mentor more junior designers to encourage their growth and have the ability to inspire others to deliver great work.
- You dabble in one or more related disciplines like illustration, animation, video production, photography, print design, etc.
Perks of Working at Beyond
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome new office space with agile working practices
- A generous training and development budget per employee per year
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
***We are open to talking about flexible working at interview stage. Want to know more? Ask us when you apply!***
A link to your portfolio and LinkedIn profile should be provided to be considered for this position.
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team. If you would like to know more about the role, please reach out to email@example.com via LinkedIn.
Posted about 2 months ago