Senior UI/UX Designer
About Detroit Labs
Detroit Labs was founded in 2011 and has built some of the most popular apps for iPhone and Android. We’re always taking on new projects in mobile and opportunities in emerging technologies. And our passion for people and teams extends to our Apprenticeship and OnSite programs, through which we educate and help guide the careers of the next generation of software developers. Detroit Labs has over 100 employees and offices in Detroit and Ann Arbor.
Design at Detroit Labs
Our project teams are small, collaborative, and cross-functional. As a designer on one of these teams, you are critical to ensuring the work we deliver meets the needs and expectations of both users and the business. You’ll lead the design of apps as they progress through early ideation, the stages of experience and visual design, and on through development. You’ll be the shining star that ensures every deliverable we ship supports our belief in design as a means for driving our client’s success.
Everyday responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with engineers to assess the feasibility of ideas, implement or evolve your designs to spec and deliver a great product efficiently.
- Prototyping ideas to test their viability.
- Presenting your ideas clearly to stakeholders and managing and integrating that feedback.
- Designing the finer details of interactions and experiences.
- Solving and communicating problems in the simplest fashion, then quickly turning around high-fidelity solutions.
- Working independently and with your team to define projects and scope.
Skills and experience we look for:
- Minimum 2 years of related UI/UX experience.
- Experience designing digital products and systems.
- An understanding of iOS, Android or Web design patterns.
- Strong communication skills to explain your work and the rationale behind it.
- Examples that showcase your ability to breakdown complex problems and visually communicate your solutions through wireframes, prototyping, etc.
- Strong design principles demonstrated through your work.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Annual budget for education & enrichment
- Flexible work schedule + open vacation policy
- Maternity + paternity leave program
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Free downtown parking
- A MacBook, or whatever equipment you need to do your work
- Awesome events and outings for you, your family and friends
Posted 30 days ago