At Lonely Planet we live to travel. Everything we do is designed to inspire and enable travelers to get out and experience the world. This is especially important for our web and mobile team: we believe digital experiences are highly valuable for our users if, and only if, those experiences inspire and empower travelers across the globe in meaningful ways.
As a Product Designer, you will be helping define and drive the future of digital design across Lonely Planet products. You’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use design solutions for millions of users. You are a great systems-level thinker and visionary with strong instincts and outstanding intuition. You have an inherent sense of clean design, passionately advocate for the user, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from complex workflows. You will create effective designs alongside product managers, engineers, researchers, and other business teams to create innovative experiences across all of Lonely Planet’s digital platforms.
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing Lonely Planet products and feature sets.
- Responsible for and effectively advocate for our users.
- Develop high level or detailed mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Work collaboratively with other design team members, product managers, engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Iterate on design ideas repeatedly and validate assumptions with user testing and other research methods.
- Help unify user journeys across features and products.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in User Experience (UX) Design, Product development, or other software related roles.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Effectiveness in defining, self-managing, and prioritizing work.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
What’s in it for you?
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a growing team in a globally loved brand in a truly global company, with offices in the UK, US, Australia, Ireland, China & India. You will also receive 3 weeks of vacation, a competitive salary based on your experience and region, 401K, and great medical coverage.
Lonely Planet participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify, we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. The E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, please go to www.uscis.gov and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now