About OODA Health
Founded in 2017 by a team of experienced digital health and technology executives, OODA Health is transforming the administration of healthcare. Today, the US healthcare system wastes $400 billion every year on an outdated and broken claims adjudication process that creates friction and frustration for payers, providers and patients alike. Patients wrestle with surprise bills that arrive months after care is received and are impossible to understand. Providers suffer unexpected denials and delays for reimbursement, and chase patients for payment rather than focus on delivering care. Payers are locked in zero sum negotiations with providers, unable to advance care management goals.
OODA Health is transforming the administrative experience in healthcare by enabling collaborative, real-time interactions between providers, members and payers. With the OODA Health solution, claims adjudication will be instantaneous, and providers will be paid upon patient checkout. Payers will assume responsibility for patient collections, guaranteeing immediate payment to the provider and relieving physicians from chasing patients for money. Care management strategies will be based on real-time patient risk models, rather than retrospective claim reviews. Critical interactions will occur at the point of care, rather than months after an encounter.
We are a passionate, growing team looking for dedicated teammates to make a major impact on the healthcare system. We are committed to living our company values to provide a positive and dynamic working environment for our team members. Based on the principle of Colonel John Boyd’s OODA Loop, we know we must move quickly and with purpose to effect meaningful change in healthcare.
We are looking for a Visual Designer to play a lead role in building a reimagined patient financial experience that disrupts existing models. This role is located in either San Francisco or Salt Lake City and will be primarily focused on delivering modern, intuitive, responsive designs based on rigorous research and testing. This role is a great fit for a designer who can wear both UX and visual design hats and is looking to shape and influence an innovative product at a fast-growing company.
Attributes & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Product Designer to play a lead role in building a reimagined patient financial experience that disrupts existing models. This role is located in either San Francisco or Salt Lake City and will be primarily focused on delivering modern, intuitive, responsive designs based on rigorous research and testing. This role is a great fit for a designer who can wear both UX and user research hats and is looking to shape and influence an innovative product at a fast-growing company.
- Embrace the human-centered design process and can speak to it with clarity and without ego
- Are an expert at wireframing, rapid prototyping and iteration
- Believe that products are made better by design through research, user testing and analytics
- Thrive on collaboration but are comfortable taking a stand for the voice of the user when needed
- Love leading design workshops, journey mapping sessions and research reviews
- Geek out on funnel analytics and continuous optimization
- Play well with product managers, developers and external customers
- Are comfortable working in an agile environment with tight deadlines
- 3-5 years of product design experience in healthcare or fintech
- Prior experience at a fast-paced, dynamic work environment preferred; comfort with an ambiguous, unstructured environment required
- Experience in an agile development environment and demonstrated ability to work effectively with engineering and product teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, file management and attention to detail
- Team orientation
- Strong sense of commitment to the OODA Health mission
- Bonus points for agency experience
- Double bonus points for e-commerce or financial/banking experience
- Design delightful mobile-first consumer friendly experiences
- Simplify complex back office workflows (think dashboards!)
- Own the full stack of research, UX and user testing
- Work with external design teams and product owners to build scalable interfaces
- Collaborate with the analytics team to utilize data to inform feature design and iteration, A/B tests, and experimentation
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Parental leave
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation
Posted about 1 month ago