Junior Email Developer
Inboxlab is looking to hire a Junior Email Developer to join our growing team.
Based in Denver, Colorado, Inboxlab is an incubator that builds companies revolving around email. Founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneur and angel investor, Nicholas Pardon, Inboxlab seeks to create value in new and existing companies by leveraging our core competencies around data, marketing, branding, and most importantly, the inbox.
Inboxlab presently focuses in two primary verticals: travel and gaming. Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 2,500,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and the Inbox Games network currently serves 35,000,000+ game plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Junior Email Developer, you will be responsible for UI and design integration for customized emails created and sent across Inboxlab’s network of brands and products. This role reports to the Senior Visual Designer and requires an individual with HTML/CSS skills, email development experience, great teamwork, communication, attention to detail and most importantly a passion for crafting beautiful and creative experiences in the inbox. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in email and getting the chance to innovate in one of the most important, private and intimate digital spaces there is, then we want to meet you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work closely in teams composed of Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts.
- Help craft the overall visual and user experience for email templates across all Inboxlab brands.
- Integrate the UI and design for customized emails and ensure compatibility across different browsers and email clients, both desktop and mobile.
- Collaborate with design and product management on how to innovate within the inbox and create connections and award-winning experiences that people remember.
- Responsible for keeping up with and advising on email best practices, new technologies, and new possibilities/opportunities.
- Ensuring that all design is integrated and developed to be both cross-platform compatible, mobile responsive and work/look perfectly in every mail client.
- Working in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 2+ years of front-end web development experience working with emails and/or websites.
- 2+ years working in a product development team/environment, collaborating with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts.
- 2+ years experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Experience with coding emails for multiple web/email platforms
- Experience with UI application design tools such as Invision, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience working with Git and sharing code repositories.
- Technical background.
- Strong sense of visual design
- Passion for crafting and delivering beautiful experiences through the inbox.
- Ability to create email templates that can be used by non-technical team members.
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Organized with strong time management and estimation skills/experience (i.e. ability to give and stick to a timeline/estimate).
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and help to determine priorities based on time, complexity, availability.
- Desire to learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.