Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection so we're creating the world's largest meditation community, both online and off.
We believe that meditation is more powerful when done with others so we’re building the world’s first group meditation app - think Peloton for meditation. We just raised our first institutional round so it is an exciting time for us as we scale our team, our clients, and, most importantly, our impact.
We’re seeking a Product Designer to join our Product Development team in bringing live group meditation to the masses.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with Product and Engineering, bringing product vision to reality. You’ll spend your days deep in Sketch, thinking through features and workflows in response to user feedback, and of course taking time out to meditate!
If you’re seeking to leverage your creativity and design acumen to build something that makes the world a better, more whole place, this is the opportunity for you!
About Journey Meditation
Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier, less stressed lives. Currently in 13 cities and quickly growing, Journey’s heart and soul is its supportive and inclusive community. We teach group meditation classes in local communities, organizations around the world, and through the Journey app.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it.
We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We feel safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes.
We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow. We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members.
Journey is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Your design skills and talent will be focused primarily on Native iOS, Android and Web
- Your skills should include creative Web, UX, branding, and iconography work
- You are confident working with Product and Engineering team members to create Workflows, Wireframes, and Prototypes
- You understand and have worked in an agile team environment
- You will collaborate with the Journey Development team to deliver elegant yet functional design and ensure vision is carried through to product releases
- You’ll work with the Product team to ensure the best user experience is produced
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage
- 3+ years acting in a UI/UX creative Product Design role
- You are an exceptional portfolio of shipped products, containing examples of highly usable, beautiful software that solves problems you can effectively articulate
- You know what translates from desktop and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- You’re familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design Guidelines thoroughly enough to spot when something’s out of place, and when to break the mold
- You understand how to translate research insights into actionable design
- You’re well-versed in Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- You’re exceptionally detailed with excellent oral and visual communication skills, and is comfortable in a cross-functional, fast paced startup environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. Journey contributes to a portion of the medical insurance premium, provided through Aetna.
- Work from Home. To provide flexibility, all team members can work from home one day per week.
- Vacation Days. Team members receive 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Wisdom Money. Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit.
- Complimentary Journey Classes & Courses. Team members can participate in unlimited number of Journey classes and courses.
Posted about 1 month ago