Principal Product Designer
Artium Technologies was born out of a desire to help innovators and disruptors harness the full power of custom software development. We’re always searching for people who care passionately about their craft, embrace the humility of consulting, and consider themselves evangelists for software best practices.
We’re dedicated to growth through discipline, collaboration, and mentorship. Our goal is to find progressive ways to build software as small teams of passionate craftspeople. We help our clients—from brand new start-ups to enterprise-level organizations—implement their own diverse culture and software development mastery.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
We’re searching for a Principal Product Designer with several years of experience. In this role, you will partner with our clients to help them with design best practices by leading by example and being hands on with their product.
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Facilitated working sessions, user interviews, and recommended next steps based on what you learned.
- Worked closely with Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders to meld customer desires with business needs.
- Designed user journeys, personas, experiments, and any other things necessary to best serve our clients’ goals.
- Used collaborative technologies like Figma and Miro to visualize ideas and create beautiful, functional interfaces.
- Created designs, prototypes to communicate your ideas.
- Had candid conversations with our clients about how decisions impact the people using what we build and the business itself.
- Crafted beautiful and thoughtful branding for our clients.
- Utilized both data and your intuition to help us be better informed in our decisions.
- Been agile and struck a balance between evolving product requirements and consistent delivery. We learn from our clients and want to adapt as quickly as possible.
- Modeled our values of pursuing mastery, humanity, and courage.
- This list isn’t exhaustive. We want you to feel empowered to contribute to efforts outside of your discipline, including driving your own pursuit of learning new skills and techniques. We believe we make the best decisions when different perspectives enter the mix. That includes yours.
Skills and experience our team needs:
- You’ve shipped several real-life products—and seen to their growth. This usually means you've had at least 5 years of experience, but not always.
- You’ve had prior experience in consulting.
- You’re in the pursuit of mastering your design craft and consider yourself well on your way towards the top of your game.
- You’re comfortable jumping into an unfamiliar space with our clients and navigating uncertainty (and a little chaos).
- You’re committed to goals, sometimes determined by yourself and often determined by others, and flexible on tactics.
- You enjoy being the voice of the people who use what we build.
- You have experience working directly with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ship working software.
- You’re able to rapidly build user flows and wireframes in your design tool of choice.
- You’re comfortable with lean, agile environments.
- You have an aptitude for training and mentoring other designers.
- You’re an artist at heart.
Artium is experiencing exponential growth! Not sure the above sounds exactly like you but you’re still interested in joining us? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out to email@example.com with your resume and a note about what you think you can add to our teams.